[Revelation]: Mansion of My Memories

"And this time, please do not sway too far from me. I do not wish to bother the De Alger's servants to look for you repeatedly." Roger Alpheus inhaled deeply while dusting his shirt. Finding no flaw in his dress code, he took hold of the door handle.

"Christo." He called his butler. "Please look after him."

The elderly man scratched his head awkwardly. "Uh... But, Sire, Young master has-"

"I do not prefer to hear another excuse."

"That is not-"

"Once the session is over, later we may take a stroll before we head home. Although, it is not appropriate to step into any of the two De Algers' mansions. They dislike any visitor regardless of how acquainted we are with them. Especially His Excellency." He added. "Jeannette is no exception, either. She is a De Alger now. We cannot treat her as the same child who once lived in our household. So mind your manner, Son. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you, Ezekiel?"

He turned his head to find nothing but an empty spot; where his son should be in the first place.

"Oh, no... Not again..."

"That is what I was seeking to tell you, Sire."

"Not now, Christo..." Roger massaged his temple. "I got the feeling that the Vice President is going to give me an earful lecture again. Last time he canceled the meeting as soon as he discovered his daughter was missing from her room."

"And the culprit is no other than Young master Ezekiel."

"Since when did that boy grow so bold?"

"He is at... a certain age. Plus, I believe he misses Lady Jeannette dearly."

"Did he say that?"

"He did not admit it out loud, but I frequently find him in Lady Jeannette's old room where he would go through her belongings. Books, stuff, animals. He sometimes falls asleep on her bed."

"He is ten years old, Christo. Stop detailing unnecessary things."

"Again, why would he get excited about showing up here?"

"He wishes to learn from me."

"And yet, there is no sight of him."

Roger sighed profoundly. "He has become seemingly rebellious, like Icarus."

"A bird needs to fly, Sire, nevertheless of the consequence."

"That is not how I want my only adolescent to behave."

"What with the long face, Sir Roger?"

He flinched after hearing his name. Glancing up, he saw His Excellency's personal bodyguard. That was when he caught a glimpse of gold and two tiny arms wrapped around Felix's neck.

"Christo, go get Ezekiel and bring him back," Roger muttered his order, and the servant nodded, excusing himself.

"There is nothing to worry about, Felix. And perhaps you are coming to escort me to the hall?"

"Actually... No. I am taking Lady Athanasia to school." Picking up the cue, she climbed higher onto Felix's shoulders and tilted her head sideways.

"My, pardon my manners. I did not notice." He placed his palm on his chest, then lower his head with a smile. "Roger Alpheus at your service. Prosperity is upon the Obelia Company."

"Hello again! Mister White!" she chipped happily, then offered Roger her lollipop. "You want a bite? It's yummy!"

There was an awkward pause, but Felix proceeded to cough uncontrollably.