Chapter 15: Princess' Warlock

"Oh, great Lucas, the man with many capabilities, pleeeeeeeease?"

"I am aware. But, No."

"PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!!"

"I said No." He grabbed the plate of cookies and turned away, back facing her as he was lying down on the floor. "But...." She complained, digging her finger into the back of his head, nagging for attention. "No 'But'." He took another bite of the snack.

"But today will be the last day of the annual festival. Do you know what annual means? It means Only Happens ONCE a year. I always wanted to go there. But Lily said it was too crowded."

"Listen to Lilian."

"Cooooooome oooooon. We even have a school project next week. Let's have fun before we torture our brain cells again."

"I am allergic to crowds."

"The great Lucas is actually an introvert?"

"No. It's just I have no business dealing with random people."

"I should have known. Anyway, back to the topic. Take me to the fair."

"No. I'm busy at the moment."

"Busy? Doing what?"

"Busy breathing."

"I guess I will ask Ezekiel then. He definitely won't say no to my request."

Athanasia saw Lucas's shoulder flinch, but she kept provoking him. "It was so inconsiderate for me to ask you to take me there. I forgot that you don't have a ride."

Lucas promptly got up on his feet, and turned in her direction, caging her body that was laying on the sofa the whole time. He was staring her down to her soul.

"Hi..." She laughed nervously.

"Hello there, little princess." Lucas snarled his fangs between his greetings when the sound of footsteps from upstairs made him withdraw his arms. "Go change." He muttered while running his hand through his locks.

"SO WE ARE GOING?" Athanasia beamed

"Before I changed my mind."

"But how will we get there?" This made Lucas flicker her forehead. "One more question or we are staying home." She pouted before running upstairs with excitement.

"Lucas?" her eyes averted, looking for the guy who was nowhere to be seen. "Lily, have you seen him?" She asked her godmother who was in the kitchen.

"He just left a moment ago. Maybe he is waiting for you outside?"

"He better be."

Athanasia firmly swung the front door open, expecting to see nothingness. In contrast to her expectation, she saw a man standing by a sportbike, both hands occupied with two helmets. "Lucas?"

"Took you long enough." He turned around with a smile.

"When did you even buy that?"

"Since the day I learned that Someone took you home in his car."

She looked aside, scratching her cheek."But you didn't drive that to school."

"Why would I? I enjoy walking with you more."

"Wh—What?"

"Are we going or not? Or do you prefer a car?"

"You bought a car as well?" He shrugged and opened his garage door with his remote control showing off his midnight color car, leaving Athanasia staring in awe. "Yeah. Same day."