Chapter 18: Thank You

"Athanasia, Is this Lucas' house?" asked Helena who was stepping out of Ezekiel's car and everyone did the same.  

"Yeah." 

"Do you think he is home by now?"

"Don't know. Don't care."

"Is something wrong? Somehow I feel like every time I mention something related to Lucas, you appear to be very aggravated. I'm sorry if I upset y—"

"No! I wasn't upset! Not at all! Come on! Let's go inside." She grabbed Helena's hand, dragging her to the door. "Oh please excuse my dog. He loves to jump on people, but he is very friendly though." Athanasia explained as she clutched on the handle, opening the door for her guests. "Lily! We are here!"

"Oh welcome everyone."  Lilian greeted from the kitchen. "I am almost done cooking. Please make yourself at home."

"You guys wait here. I'm gonna go change real quick."

Upon hearing Athanasia's voice, a giant fluff from upstairs charged toward her. The size of the dog made Helena shriek a little and only die down when she muffled her scream. 

The owner of the Wolf-dog on the other hand was caressing him with affection before going to her room and changing into something more comfortable, leaving Raven downstairs with her guests. 

The dog looked at the newly invited people precautiously and walked slowly toward Jeannette. "Hi there Raven!" Recognizing the voice, he wagged his tail in delight, letting Jeannette pat his head. "Look at how big you have gotten. You were a little puppy when we took you to the vet." 

The good boy barked, agreeing to what she had to say. But when the other two approached him, the hair on his back stood up as he growled.

"I guess he doesn't like me that much..." Helena did not attempt to pat the dog.

"And I assumed he has forgotten about me..." Ejekiel withdrew his hand. He tried to touch Raven.

"Impossible. I went there with you Ejekiel. Plus, I think you come to Athy's house more frequently."

"I have never had the chance to play with him." Raven kept growling at Ejekiel.

Athanasia came downstairs just to see Raven baring his fangs at the young Alpheus who was backed against the door. "Raven! Why are you being so naughty?" 

Why does he remind me of someone... Still, I can't put my fingers on it... She stared at her dog. No longer concerned about Ejekiel's well-being.

"Aww, Athy!" Jeannette went toward Raven and patted him more. "Raven wasn't being naughty. He was just teasing Ejekiel. Right boy? Who's the good boy? Yes, you are!" 

"WOOF!" 

Finding the right opportunity to slip away from the fangs of the Hell Hound of Hades, Ejekiel deliberately looked for a place he thought would be safer for him.

"Why is he okay with Jeannette?" Helena asked.

"He is very friendly actually. This is the first time I see him acting like that."

"Perhaps he does not like men?" Ejekiel assumed, standing further away from the crowd.

"I don't think so. He and Lucas play roughhouse all the time." Athanasia giggled at her memories.

"Lucas must have had a good relationship with Raven. That is so cute of him." Helena said.

"Which him?" Athanasia darted her eyes directly at her friend. "Pardon?"

"Ah— It's nothing! It's just he was also there when I first found Raven. And we walk Raven together every evening when he...is.... here... That is why Raven is... Attached... to him..."