Chapter 49: My Fate Is In Your Hand

Recap to Chapter 38: What Are You Afraid Of?

"You ain't a royalty who need to follow tradition! Who still practices this norm in this era?! Your dad forced you into this?! By letting you attend the events with a bunch of parasites swarming you?!"

"No...! He had been protecting me and Felix was there with me all the time... And it's his duty to make the company prospers..."

"But it's not yours!"

"I am his daughter. That was the least I could do to help him..."

"And just because you are a daughter of someone with a fancy title and only those who wear the same badge of your level deserve to be with you?!"

"Lucas... Can you please stop shouting... I'm right in front of you... And I didn't say anything about ranking..."

"You could have chosen a better time to tell me all this...!"

"I should have... I'm sorry..."

She moved closer to him and tried to remove the curtain of concealer, in this case, his arm, that was blocking his sight. He tensed up when she first touched him but eventually gave up and let her hug his arm however she liked.

"...But you agreed to no one right?" He managed to say something after a while. "Right, Athanasia?"

"I did give someone an answer..."

"What?! Who?!"

She giggled softly with how staid he was being right now though her laughter only made Lucas even more obnoxious.

"I gave him my answer last night... He knew... And He knows all along..."

Finally pieced the puzzle together, he let out a loud groan and pulled her into his embrace while hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

-

Recap from Chapter 48 Fear Beyond Death (Because I know it has been confusing with the sudden drop of Revelation): Lucathy Part.

"I guess I will see you downstairs in a bit then. Sleep tight."

Lucas said nothing but turned to the other side. Athanasia rolled her eyes and walked out of the room, down the stairs.

Stopping halfway, she grumbled, switching direction to the origin of her first stop. She threw herself onto the bed, tiny hand around his waist. Head pressed on his back. Athanasia could feel his body rumble as Lucas let out a small chuckle.

"I thought you have a business to take care of."

"If you say another word, I swear I will kick you out of my house."

In the love of her light, Lucas shifted his body to where he could see her. He expected her to flinch away. A tiny shimmer of light glistened from her scrumptious bottom lip. A smile broke across her face, glittered like the sun through the thin autumn clouds.

"Can we stay like this a while longer?"

"But you have to help me with dinner later."

"Anything for the princess." 

-

Ezekiel And Jeannette:

With her arm folded, Rosalia sighed. "Then, why are you still here? He is waiting for you. It is best if you do not keep him waiting. It has been a long trip for him."

"I have not received any call from anyone."

"Are you sure about that? He was expecting you to be there at the airport. Ah... Right... You were with my niece."