Chapter 44: Unofficially Yours

"Yes, you insensitive bastard! I have been cooking for you for weeks!! It would be nice if you sound a bit appreciative!"

He blinked rapidly, clearly mesmerized by another new thing he learned about her today.

"So... You were the one who packed the food as well?"

"Yes! Who else pack the food in that pink container!?"

"I KNEW IT! But I didn't think your cooking would be edibl—"

He sealed his lips tight and went back to cooking because those pair of crystal eyes were throwing daggers at him.

"Finish that sentence." She crossed her legs and leaned back slightly toward the chair.

"What sentence?"

"What were you saying about my cooking?"

"...That it was... Eligible?"

"Oh?! I need a qualification to feed you now?!"

Before Lucas could correct his statement, a few knocks on the wall upstairs as an invitation for the couple.

"I... I didn't mean to interrupt, but would you mind keeping it down a little?" Lilian commented once she joined them. "Especially you, Athy. At this rate, even your father could hear your voice."

If there were someone who could instantly pacify Athanasia's rage, it would be her godmother.

"And you too, Lucas." The secret bodyguard flinched slightly at his name being called.

"Uh...What did I do now? I wasn't even shouting—"

"Athy is right. You should be a bit more sincere to her. She has been focusing hard on the dishes she made. All that is for you."

"I..." He scratched his head and avoid eye contact. "...Didn't know..."

"Now you know. But did you know that while prepping food for you, Athy even cut hers—"

"Lily, please. Go easy on him. He just got discharged yesterday." Athanasia pleaded. Or rather, sidetracking that she had hurt herself while cooking.

"Honestly, I feel like I am too old to catch up with your kids' energies. I can't distinguish, nor do I know when the next argument will appear." Lilian let out a deep sigh and massaged her temple.

"Lily... Do you want me to take you to Arlanta Hospital? You... Don't sound so good..."

"No. No. I'm just a little exhausted, but a nap will do." Lilian let out another deep inhale. "Try to appreciate each other a bit more, will you? Every minute that you get to spend with each other counts. Not everyone gets to have that chance."

"Oh! I see what is going on!" Lucas exclaimed after silently listening to their conversation. "You miss Fe—Urgh!"

Lilian's eyes widen as she covered her mouth. "Lucas, are you alrig— Athy! Why would you do that?"

"I will take care of the house chores and our meal today." Athanasia pointed at the guy who was hunching forward because of the pain. "And this idiot too!"

The older woman understood Athanasia's intention, yet she felt like that was a bit overkill. "...Are you... Sure? Don't you have to go to school and submit your transcript today?"

"Yes. But it's just a transcript submission for the upcoming graduation ceremony. I am a week past due, but I can still go whenever possible. Ejekiel has already informed the school director. So no worry."

"Ah right... Your graduation is coming up next week. Then I may have to get myself checked later on... I can't have you do all these works by yourself."