Chapter 57: Judgement Day

-

Tired of being rescued 'cause it's just a gilded cage

I must make amends for all the mess my elders made

I was born to lead you all away from your crusade

Nations held in anguish had me boiling with a rage

-

Regret and scared, in the end, death was still frightening for him. How his father had warned him too many times about the consequences of such a position he took. He could have been a simple businessman, just like the rest of his family members, but he was a child at heart who was still looking for all kinds of excitement in life.

Dismissing the warning, he climbed his way up with the recognition and was chosen to be one of the elites and most trusted bodyguards by the President of Obelia Company himself. He was over the moon and couldn't keep his mouth shut as he was grinning ear to ear while driving. How excited he was to tell his 'Boss' about his promotion. He really wished he had the chance to at least tell him.

All he could do was putting all strength he could muster into his chest and breathe his brothers' names in a whisper, pleading for help or hoping it would make the pain go away. After a prolonged heart-wrenching cry had died down, Cabel's vision blurred from both tears and exhaustion. It was getting harder to breathe as the smudge of blood dripped from the burning wounds.

Although either Leonidas' aim was getting worse by the day or he wanted the boy to bleed to death, Cabel Ernst's life vital was faint but still visible. As a former military general, Carak couldn't help but praise the child's will to stay alive.

"He is still breathing," Carak said.

As soon as he finished talking, there was a loud noise — an explosion up at the surface of the building. All four walls trembled and the light flickered in high frequency.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"Sir. The main entrance is being breached." One of the men, Dolus, reported to his superiors calmly yet sharply despite the commotion and noises. Ignoring Leonidas' shocked expression, the guard tapped the communicator and shut it down after receiving words from the situation above. 

"We may have been tracked." He added.

"Impossible..." Leonidas looked at the video in his hand. "I haven't even sent—"

"Even a child of five has more common sense than you are. He is at least two hours away from our location, you fool!" Carak cut him off harshly, eyebrows knitted together.

The intrusion noise of shattering glass swayed their attention. Everyone in the room focused on the dark green object that made its way through the window. It bounced a few times on the ground before letting out a hissing noise as it started to smoke the area.

"We have to move. Fast! They are here!" Dolus shouted slightly at the end as he used his body as a shield just in case there was a follow-up attack. "Please follow me to the underground shelter and stay there until the coast is cleared."

Dolus urged his master to start walking as he heard the metal gate of the warehouse being forcefully torn apart from the other side. 

"THE REST OF YOU! STAND YOUR GROUND!" He shouted his last command before the escort began.

Leonidas who was paralyzed in one place earlier by his mentor's venomous intonation finally found the courage to walk closely behind his mentor.

Carak was the first one to enter the room. He then caught a glimpse of who just entered the premises through the security camera. He watched as she quickly took off her own tear gas mask and put it on the one she came to the rescue.