Chapter 50: Took The Bullet

"Are you okay, Kiddo?" Ezekiel heard a voice. "I was told that you arrived a while ago and haven't gone inside."

What the man said was true. Ezekiel had no idea how long had he been in this position, but it was hard enough to adjust his hazy vision. Looking out of his car, he saw a middle-aged man wearing a worrisome expression on his face.

"...Ah Felix...! I..."

Ezekiel made haste to step out of the vehicle as he thought he had wasted enough time. Although, it was only normal that fast movement was bad for numbed muscles. He almost buckled down on his knees with muscle cramps.

"Woah...! Slow down! You look like you are having low blood pressure or something..." Felix gave a signal to his team to fetch a bottle of water. "You have been skipping training huh? Basic training. You probably haven't even trained ever since you come here."

"How do... you know?"

"Not only does your body seems to grow weaker, but did you know, it only takes two weeks for your body to reset its progress and the ability to adapt to new skill will significantly be reduced as well? You were at the top of your game when you and Lucas started the boot camp together. What happened to you?"

"I do not know. Perhaps I have too much on my head and my shoulders lately..."

"Can you still tie Lucas to the tree?"

"I am positively sure I cannot... He trains on a daily basis. So I'm... sorry... Commander. Even though the first I said when I arrived here was to not let you and my father down..."

"Don't apologize. Lucas has always been the active one, almost restless. So training is part of the method to keep him... less Hyperactive. Do you know? Like a dog zooms after the shower? That is how active Lucas is. On the other hand, you are the passive one. Different ability. That is why you are the best duo out there. And I did not mean to blame you. It's just an overall evaluation of your performance."

"That was... years ago. Anyhow, Is there something important for you to discuss with me? I did not expect you to show up at my house. Where is my father—"

The older man pats the young master's shoulder. "I said slow down. Take a deep breath and..." Felix trailed and motioned his hand in a circular motion. He waited for Ezekiel to actually inhale and then exhale. "Good... So your father is already inside. We are all waiting for you. On top of that, the graduation ceremony. His Excellency thought he could snap his fingers and everything would go according to his plan. But it is impossible to send words to the rest of the attendees from the academy. So only the director and a few important members of the council are meeting up with His Excellency. And the rest of the Algers."

"I do not understand... Why would he send you here instead of coming to see me directly? Is he that... disappointed?"

"No. There was... well... Something we all should be discussing. It involves you big time."

"I see... You said the rest of the Algers... Does it mean... He... Will be there too? Is it really a wise choice?"

"About that... Uh... Why don't we go inside your house first? We stayed out here for quite some time. Thought it would be rude to go in without the master of the house."

"...Of course. And if you wish and do not mind, you are welcome to stay here for the night. I will have my servants prepare a room for you."

"I do not wish to cause disturbance to your family. Plus, I already have a place to stay. But most importantly, I have an important task for you to perform. Can I count on you on this?"

"Yes sir. What is the—"

"Not now. Once you get changed and get comfortable first. You seem a bit... too worried..."