Chapter 54: Answers Beneath the Throne of Lies

Two guards looked up to the source of footsteps that was approaching them. Both of them looked at each other before one of them went to greet her with a respectful bow which automatically stopped her at her track.

"My most sincere apology on behalf of Arlanta Resort, Milady... Perhaps you must have missed our announcement as well as our notes..." He said, pointing at a banner in the parking lots. "But the place is fully booked by His Excellency Claude De Alger for the entire week for a special event."

"I see..." She said, pushing past him gently. "Thank you for the extra information." She acknowledged with a small smile as she made her way past the guard. She then walked ahead to the entrance where the other guard was standing and the man immediately stepped down the stairs to meet her. "If you are here to help me with these..." She trailed, heaving her shopping bags slightly. "They are just clothes. I can carry them myself."

"I would love to assist you, Milady. But I believe we had stated the reason once too many times. This place is booked."

"I am aware... But I just want to get inside and find my people. I don't want any trouble nor do I have all day. So if you can just let me through..."

"And If I don't?"

Her eyes glowed under the faint sunlight in the afternoon. Both had a momentarily stare down as Athanasia stared deep into his soul with her glacial crystal eyes. It froze him with terror but enough to command him to stand aside. "You don't want to find out..." She threatened softly as she walked past him. To the ginormous door, she went, using her strength underneath her small frame to push through it with ease.

"Dude! What were you thinking?!" His friend said through his gritted teeth. "You are going to get yourself fired!! Go stop her now!! Why are you afraid of some little girl?!"

"Little girl? I don't know who she was but... If you want to do something about it, be my guest. But I'm staying here..."

Athanasia could still hear their faint whisperers, but she left everything as it should be. She paced to the receptionist's desk, not without looking around. The place felt a lot livelier than outside. Everyone was running past her like she was a ghost, trying to set up the place, putting things in order even though she knew there was plenty of time left until the event would begin.

Carefully not to get run over, she went to the desk where two female receptionists stood right up when they made eyes contacts with her. "Lady Athanasia. Welcome to Arlanta Resort. We will escort you right to your suite." One of the receptionists greeted her as she stepped out of the counter, making Athanasia tilt her head in confusion. The experience she had outside did not add up at all.

"Did someone... expect me to stay here? Because the two guys outside keep shooing me off the place..."

"We sincerely apologize for the incident at the front entrance. All of us were given the short notice, just a few minutes before you entered. But the room is ready if that is your concern—"

"N—No. It's alright... I'm looking for Felix. Where is he?"

"Ah, if you are looking for Sir Robane, he has already left, Milady."

This response drained all the color on her face. "Then was it him who told you I was coming here?"

"I am."

It so was loud that it echoed throughout the hall as if a lion roared in the declaration for his presence to be known. Athanasia whipped her head around, frantically trying to look for the person. And when she landed her eyes on him, she couldn't help but gasp loudly.

"WHA—wUh?! Huh?! Yuh—Doin—" She stammered.

"Stay where you are. I will come to you." He said, a bit softer this time. His boots clicked on the floor, walking at a leisurely pace toward her. Athanasia on the other hand, grew impatient so she sprinted in his direction. "Don't run. You will trip." He added.