Chapter 60 [Part One]: Mission Accomplished

Blood stench the air as Ezekiel hurried closer to his friend, trying to stay composure as much as possible even though his whole body was trembling. He noted every detail with a small glimpse. 

"He has difficulty breathing. We can't wait for the medic unit to get here. Stabilize his condition and head to Arlanta Hospital. Fast!"

With the young master's signal, footsteps marched on, and his team hustled toward the front door. Lucas was laid in the backseat of the car with no time to spare and the rescue squad advanced their aid. The first bandage wrapped around his stomach, and a lung-wracking gasp drew from the man.

Even with his eyes closed, his expression hardened as he fought back the wrenching agony. They watched as Lucas shuddered, tears dribbling down his face. It was the first time everyone had seen him crying and no one was moving an inch as sobs filled the air.

"He is conscious?" Ezekiel asked.

"Negative. Just body responding to pain."

"Is it possible to give him anesthesia beforehand?"

"Not advise. He is likely to take one once he is in the ER. Permission to carry on the mission, Sire."

"I will catch up. Hurry." He said with a nod of approval, his team set off. Taking a deep breath in, he stared at the phone, waiting for the other line to pick up. As the digit jumped, so did his heartbeats.

"Felix... We got a situation..."

"So do I... Wait a bit, Ezekiel." The commanding officer's voice echoed along with the howling wind and the sound of the sirens and the inaudible voice of commands. "All unit! In position! Medic! Stand by!! De Algers are arriving at the Obelia Headquarters!!" Felix's voice rumbled through the phone.

"Hold on...!! I thought Athanasia is with His Excellency!?" Ezekiel asked as soon as the noise died down. It was only obvious that Felix found a better spot to speak with him.

"She is. At the moment of speaking."

"Not in Arlanta...? No... What... have she done..."

"I should ask you that question, Ezekiel."

"I thought she—"

"After learning that Cabel Ernst never reached Arlanta, Lady Athanasia disappeared as well. When we finally tracked her down, we were told that she rallied His Excellency's men without his permission. The team was not to blame since she was the one who claimed that it was an admission by order of her father. After his daughter's sudden disappearance, His Excellency launched a full-scale search and send more people out to look for her when she was found in the warehouse with Leonidas Acrisius. He was, later, reported to be eliminated by a sniper, Eugene Ernst – Cabel's older brother, while trying to... Harass Lady Athanasia. The force seized control over the warehouse along with Carak, Sparta Military Officer, who is currently held under arrest and to be questioned further."

It was hard to digest the information. As if there was pain wrapped around his throat that he couldn't say anything at all. Ezekiel clutched his phone tightly before releasing tension from his lungs.

"What... about Athanasia? How... Is she?"

"She has suffered a shoulder injury from a bullet wound and I'm afraid she cannot make it to the Graduation Ceremony. She is to stay in Obelia for recovery."

"Is she in a critical condition?"

"It was a cut, not a piercing bullet so worry not about her for she is in a safe place. But as for you, there are consequences for failing the only task we have assigned for you."