CHAP.19 - Good night

MINHO POV

He didn't bother to change his clothes because he was going to shower in the morning anyway. Gladly their school day would start only at 11 AM. He climbed to his bed and curled up under the blanket. Going to school had earlier seemed like a great idea but he wasn't that sure anymore. Everyone would be asking about what happened. Hopefully, Jisung would be there to cover for him. In fact, Minho knew he would be there. His trust towards Jisung had just grown bigger than ever during this night. 

Jisung was still standing in the doorway. "Just come in already," Minho said with a drowsy voice. Slowly Jisung walked beside the bed and lay down. He took the other blanket and went under it. Minho felt like he hadn't said thank you enough so he once again said: "Thank you." Jisung just shook his head but didn't answer anything specific. They laid on the bed quietly for a while when Jisung said: "You know you are important, right?" Minho was surprised by this and didn't answer anything. He was too flustered and utterly exhausted. "I guess it sounded a bit weird. I just wanted to tell you... Uhh, that I'm here for you, no matter what," Jisung continued after a while. Minho might have still been very sad and a complete mess but this comment made him feel warm. "I know. I appreciate it, like a lot." 

Now both of them were quiet and Minho gathered all of his strength and asked: "I know this comes quickly and all, but would you mind coming to the funeral with me? Going alone sounds like a lot for me and I wish there was at least one person there that I could trust." He felt nervous asking something like this from Jisung. They had spent quite a lot of time together by now but it just felt stupid. Who would want to go to someone's funeral they didn't even know? However, it seemed like Jisung wasn't feeling the same way since he answered: "Absolutely. No matter what I have planned that day I'll make sure to be there." "Thanks, good night Jisung," Minho said with a voice that could barely be heard. "No problem," he answered. 

JISUNG POV

Feeling like he could pass out any minute Jisung laid on the bed. The emotional rollercoaster he had been through was almost disturbing. At the same time, he had been sad, angry, worried and literally just a complete mess. He had no idea when the actual funeral was going to be but he knew that he should be there. Minho would do that for him too. 

He heard that Minho started breathing a bit heavier but there was also a weak sniff once in a while. Jisung felt the need to comfort Minho once again and slowly shifted nearer to him. Putting his arm around Minho he felt him shaking a bit. Slowly his breathing got steadier and he fastly actually fell asleep. The little snoring sound made Jisung smile widely and he fell asleep himself as well. 

Jisung heard his alarm going off at 9 AM. Minho was still under his arm and he was starting to move too. Jisung got up and went to the kitchen to make some tea for Minho and sat down on the sofa. During that Minho has gone to the shower and the water was running in the other room. He also had taken the snacks he had brought to the table. After about half an hour Minho walked to the living room. He looked like a completely another person compared to the day before. The dark brown hair was tidied up and he was wearing clean clothes. Even his expression had gotten a bit more cheerful even though Jisung obviously was still able to see the dark circles around his eyes and the sorrow he had within him. 

"So, how are you feeling?" Jisung asked when Minho sat down next to him and sipped the cup of tea Jisung had made him. "Well, I'm still extremely tired but the shower did good. Obviously, I'm kinda anxious about going to school," he answered. Jisung knew exactly what Minho meant about being anxious about going to school. That's why Jisung knew that he should be there for him today and stop anyone from harassing him about anything: "I understand. I'll be with you the whole day if you want to. I won't leave you alone." Minho looked content with that but he was also worried about Jisung and said: "Yeah, I know. Thank you. But after school, you'll have to go home to see your parents. I guess they're really worried about you. I can talk to Chan today so that he can hang out with me later if I don't want to be alone." That made Jisung feel lighter but also a bit of horror crawled upon him. His mother would be furious about all of this.