CHAP.4 - Who are you?

JISUNG POV

"Argggghhh, I have no idea what to do." were the first words Jisung said to his friends in the morning. "Umm... Maybe you just go there, talk to him and start planning the essay and stuff." Changbin suggested. "But like... It's easy for you to say. You get along with everyone and I can't handle myself around basically anyone." Jisung turned down his suggestion. "But for real Jisung. He seems like a nice person and even if you don't know what to say, he'll probably talk enough. And maybe he could even become as good friend for you as we are." commented Felix while clinging onto Changbins arm. Felix was always cuddly and loved touching people. Jisung couldn't even count how many times he had slept while cuddling Felix since they had know each other for 10 year already. "Yeah Felix, you are right. Sorry for being so abrupt and all, I'm just super nervous." Jisung finally gave up. 

The day went by faster than ever. Normally school days lasted for an eternity but of course it had to be today when it felt like two second. By lunch Jisung had almost had two mental breakdowns and thought of dozens of ways to cancel the study session. However with the support of Felix and Seungmin he fought his way through the day without giving up. It was the last class before school ended and Minho turned to Jisung and said: "Hey." Jisung froze immediately. He just wasn't ready for this since he thought he still had like an hour before communicating with Minho. "Hi." Jisung finally answered with his voice trembling. Minho look straight into his eyes and looked kinda worried. Maybe Jisung should even try and talk normally but he felt like it was impossible. "So, I was thinking that we could go by bus to my apartment and on our way stop off at the nearby restaurant and get something to eat. Would it be fine with you?" asked Minho in the softest possible way. Somehow the tone in Minhos voice relieved Jisungs anxiety a bit so he answered brightly: "Yeah, that sounds like a great idea."

MINHO POV

"Why would this kid be so afraid of me? Has he heard something about my past or what is it? Should I be worried?" Minho thought in his head after the little conversation with Jisung. However he was determined to make Jisung feel safe around him because would be horrible to study with him if he was so scared all the time. 

Finally the class ended and Minho caught Jisung and told him they should hurry if they wanted to catch the next possible bus. They made it to the first bus and sat quietly until the right stop. "What would you like to eat?" Minho finally asked Jisung when they were on a busy street full of restaurants. "I could really eat anything. I'm starving." Jisung said in a loud voice which surprised Minho. "Okay, so maybe we could just go there and get something Korean." Minho suggested pointing at the restaurant right across the street. Jisung just nodded while smiling and they crossed the street to get some food for themselves. The service was really good and they got their foods surprisingly quickly considering there had been quite a long line when they arrived. They took the food with them and walked a couple of blocks down to Minhos apartment.

"How come you live alone?" Jisung suddenly asked. Minho didn't know what to answer because he didn't trust Jisung enough yet. He pondered for a while and then answered: "Well, it's kinda complicated and I don't really talk about it with anyone. But my family situation is kinda messed up so that's why." Minho waited for more questions or some kind of reaction full of pity. Jisung didn't do anything like that. He just nodded and said: "Makes sense. Well you don't have to tell more I understand if you don't want to talk about it." That was exactly what Minho wanted to do. 

JISUNG POV

They finally got to the apartment and Jisung was amazed. It was so cozy and surprisingly spacious with everything you could ever need. He felt flustered and couldn't even compliment the apartment and just took his outerwear of and sat down on the sofa. "Sooo, should we eat first and start planning after that?" Minho suggested. Jisung nodded and opened a box that was full of bibimbap. Minho had bought some japchae with samgyeopsal. While eating they talked about school and their friends a bit. Slowly the situation started to loosen up and Jisung didn't feel himself so awkward anymore. 

After eating they took their laptops and started brainstorming on what they should do the science project about. They thought for a very long time and both of them had great ideas. Some of the ideas just happened to be too hard since there was basically no material about it on the internet. Finally they came to a conclusion they would work with biodegradable materials. Jisungs father worked for a company that made clothes with biodegradable materials so they would have a lot of professional knowledge on this. They were both satisfied with the subject. They decided it would be easiest if both of them did work alone for a couple of weeks and tried to gather as much information about it as possible. After that they could start bringing the essay and presentation together. 

"Wow, I'm glad we have same kind of interests so deciding on the subject wasn't super hard." Minho laughed. "Yeah that's totally right. I'm sure we can do this." Jisung answered. Jisung looked at Minho and he seemed to be wondering something. "Is something wrong?" he asked. Minho looked straight into his eyes and asked: "I was just thinking if there's something wrong about me. You seemed so scared of me for the past week and today also. Have I said something wrong at some point or what is it?" Jisung was completely flustered. No one ever talked so genuinely to him. People normally didn't say things to him directly because they knew how sensitive he was. He just stared with a blank expression for a while. All of the color had escaped from his face. Finally he had gathered his thoughts and was able to answer: "No. You haven't done or said anything. How even could you have since we've barely talked before today." "Well what is it then?" Minho insisted. "Well I'm just super awkward with new people and I tend to get anxious. I'm still a little bit uncomfortable in this situation but not as much as before. When I get to know you a little bit better it gets easier for me. However that's why I might come off somewhat cold." Jisung said and he was almost tearing up because he didn't usually talk about these things. "Oh. I get it. Sorry for bringing this up and making you uncomfortable." Minho apologized and looked down.