CHAP.27 - Funeral part.2

MINHO POV

Jisung had said that they would go to a little gathering at Mrs. Yangs' place. Surprisingly, Minho wasn't mad at all. He thought it might be nice to exchange some memories about his grandmom and after that, he could feel like he said properly goodbye. They asked for her address and took a cab to get there. 

When they arrived there Minho immediately went through the crowd, just to see if his mother was there as well. Happily, she wasn't. Minho was able to relax a little bit more and he whispered to Jisung: "Hey, I gotta use the bathroom. Wait for me in the living room." Jisung nodded to show that he had understood and walked down the corridor to the living room where everyone was. 

In the toilet, Minho checked his phone and saw that Chan had sent him multiple messages asking how he was doing. Quickly he just wrote: "Fine. We're at my grandma's friends' place with Jisung. Will be going home soon. No need to worry." After that, he left the toilet and saw immediately Jisung talking to a few older ladies. They seemed to love talking to him and asking him a lot of questions. Minho felt like he should save Jisung from that awkward situation. He quickly adjusted his mindset and put on the sociable act. "Oh hello, Mrs. Lee, Mrs. Gwan and Mrs. Jeong. How are you all doing?" Minho asked politely. These ladies were part of his grandmoms' sewing club.  "Oh, we were just having a conversation with your friend Jisung here. He seems like a really nice friend to be here with you. Will you be staying long?" Mrs. Gwan asked. "Just for a little while before both of us should get home. We have a school day tomorrow, so that's why," Minho lied with bright eyes. They most definitely didn't have school the next day since they were supposed to work on the science project the whole day. 

They stayed on the little memorial service for about an hour. Minho then decided it was time for them to leave and he went and said to Mrs. Yang that they were leaving. "Oh okay, it's totally fine. Just wait for a minute, I have something your grandmom wanted you to have," Mrs. Yang said and left to her bedroom to get something. She came back with a nice wooden box with carving on it. "What's this?" Minho asked curiously. "She gave it to me when she knew she wouldn't live much longer and told me to give this to you whenever I saw you. She didn't want to leave it with the rest of the inheritance because she knew what kind of a thief your mother is," Mrs. Yang said and hugged Minho tightly. "Have a good rest of your life, Mrs. Yang," Minho said and left the door with Jisung right behind him. 

On the cab, Minho opened the box and saw a shining wristwatch. It looked really nice and expensive. There was also a little note in the box saying: "This watch belonged to your grandfather who gave it to your father. Now is your turn to have it. Love you, grandmom." The note made Minho extremely emotional and it felt impossible for him to hold his tears anymore. He leaned his head against Jisung and just cried. Now he had properly said goodbye and was able to start living his own life with this memory of his grandparents and his father. Jisung didn't say anything he just was there. His presence was enough at this point. 

"Umm, could you sleep at my place tonight? If it's okay for your grandmother. I really don't feel like being alone right now," Minho asked once he had calmed down and they were almost back in Seoul. "Yeah sure, I'll text her. It's fine," Jisung answered without doubting for even a second. Then they arrived at Minho's place, paid the cab driver, and climbed the stairs to his apartment. 

It was just afternoon but Minho was already extremely tired. He suggested they'd take a little nap and they laid down on the sofa and didn't even turn on the television. Jisung fell asleep almost immediately and listening to him breathing steadily made Minho even more tired. 

JISUNG POV

The fact that Minho had asked him to stay over made him feel butterflied all over his stomach. Of course, he stayed and even if his grandmom would be angry he would rather suffer from the consequences. They were both sleeping deeply when the doorbell rang. Both of them woke up and Minho asked if Jisung could go and open the door. Jisung didn't really want to get up from the sofa but he got himself up and walked to the door. He opened the door without thinking about it too much and saw Minho's mother behind the door. She didn't say anything she just barged into the apartment without anyones' permission.