CHAP.17 - Is he okay?

JISUNG POV

The situation at home had been quite awkward for the past two weeks. Their mother had tried to make them feel as good as possible and they had spent a whole lot of time together as a whole family. Even Jisung's father was suddenly on their mother's side and wanted the boys to leave to Malaysia with them. However, they were sure that they wanted to stay. They didn't feel like Malaysia would have anything to offer for them at this point. 

Their mother had made strict rules for the time before they would leave for Malaysia. Obviously both of them would have to see off their parents when they are about to leave.  Neither Jisung and Jeongin could spend any time with friends after school hours. That was justified by the fact that they could hang out after them leaving. Studying was however okay but everyone had to be at home at 7 PM at the latest. Also, there was no such thing as personal space at this point. Everyone had to spend time together in the living room or kitchen. It was really tiring especially for Jisung because he needed his own space too. Going to school felt like heaven at this point because being home wasn't the most fun option.  

The school had been hectic for the past two weeks but Jisung was happy he had been able to spend more time with the whole friend group and also Minho. There was just one thing wrong with this. It had been four days since anyone had seen Minho. He hadn't been at school and didn't tell anyone where he was. "So have you guys kept in contact?" Jisung asked Chan in the hallway and he just answered: "I was just gonna ask you the same thing. He hasn't responded to any of my texts in a few days. Probably should stop by his place and see what's going on with him." That was what Jisung had been thinking about so he just said: "I'll do that today."

Jisung was going to break all the rules that his mother had set for the last two weeks she and their father was going to be living at home. She had said they should spend as much time as possible together before they left for Malaysia. Jisung decided to call Jeongin so that he would have some backup. "Hey, Jeongin." he started already in an asking tone. "What do you want hyung?" Jeongin answered busily. "I'm not gonna come straight to home. I need some backup from you, could you say I'm doing some school work in the library?" he begged. Jeongin was silent for a minute before answering: "Hmm, okay. But you owe me one for this." 

After school was over Jisung hopped on his bike and rode to Minho's place. He had also stopped at a closeby grocery store and bought some snacks and chocolate milk. First, he knocked gently on Minho's door. He wasn't able to hear any moving inside and he decided to knock harder this time. Still, no one opening the door. He was getting kinda worried because this was nothing like Minho's usual acting. "One more time." he said out loud and banged the door properly. Then he heard some rustling behind the door and Minho opened the door for him. 

Jisung quietly stared at Minho. He looked pale, his hair was messy and it looked as if he hadn't slept properly for days. Minho's eyes were red and he didn't have his usual smile on his face. As if all the happiness had been somehow drained from him after the last time they saw each other. Minho was leaning on the door frame with his other hand and looked like he was about to collapse. 

The sight made Jisung feel like he was about to choke. His breath was getting thinner. Seeing Minho in this condition made him break completely. But he had to keep it together for him. He knew Minho has had problems in the past and they've talked about them. Jisung just knew immediately that his condition hadn't been this bad for a while. In a moment that felt like an eternity to Jisung but was actually just a few seconds, he pondered what he should do. He had nothing to say and Minho looked like he was too tired to even talk. 

Jisung decided not to talk anything and just hug Minho tightly. That was the moment when Minho was finally able to cry.