Chapter 38: Run

Laying in Bed. Staring at the ceiling with the dried tears on my cheeks, I don't know how long I have been crying, I didn't care If it was broad daylight or night. I just wanted to cry.

I started to wonder, If everything was fake. I sat up and my eyes caught our picture on my table. I wanted to unleash my anger and throw it away yet, I'm too vulnerable.

I can't, I love you, but why?

I finally got up the courage, and grabbed my phone. I checked at the date it's been days, I felt my stomach rumbling and asking for food. I saw multiple messages from my friend, kina

And him, I couldn't build up the courage to tap and read his messages, the anger was still there lingering. I just closed up my phone, and flopped my body into my bed again. I ignored my hunger, I neglected myself.

Continous knocks woke me up. Slowly, i regained my vision, It seems that I fell asleep. The knocking didn't stop, I forced myself to get up, I fixed my hair by combing it with my hair, I didn't bother If the dried tears are visible.

I slowly grabbed the knob not caring who It is, I just opened the door. It was him

My brain couldn't function nor react, I was too drained, and tired from crying. I can't even react to the person who made me like this.

"Why are you here?" He asked me, It awoken my senses, "I should be asking you that." I said, I remained unfazed, and emotionless, "Why didn't you come home?" He said plainly. I looked into his eyes he looks so pained, and tired. I wanted to pity him, but I was like him too.

"You expect me to come home after what I saw?" I questioned him, I looked at his eyes sharply, "It's not like what you saw Y/N," He said, "Then, What?" I questioned, I waited for his answer yet no answer was returned to me, radiosilence.

"Do you really don't trust me?" He asked me, I was startled with his question, "I do, but with what I saw? I don't know." I answered him, "If there's nothing more to discuss, I'd like to see you leave now," I slowly backed out, and reached for the door to slowly close it, but as the door was half-way closed. He held my wrist softly.

"It's mother's last day, I came here to pick you up to bring you to her," I was shocked, I stopped pushing the door. It's been days then. I didn't count the days I have been dwelling, and drowning in my own tears.

"Would you like to go?" He asked me softly, I didn't nod nor showed him any signs I wanted to go. I was still thinking. I'm going to go because of her, not because of Daisuke.

I slid off his hands off my wrist, "Wait, I'll get ready" I said, and closed the door fully. I quickly washed my face, and brushed my teeth, I didn't bother putting on make-up. I slid on my black dress.

I opened the door, to see that he's still standing on the same position on how I left him, "Let's go." I said with finality, he didn't reply he just waited for me to step out of the Room, and walked outside.

He opened the door for me earlier, now it's just silence before We used to be so loud now, nobody refuses to talk. I couldn't talk to him, I didn't want to, everytime I wanted to talk to him, I'd just remember that scene.

The only thing that was killing the silence was the Radio, I kept my eyes busy on the road. In my peripheral vision, I saw how Daisuke turned into me. I couldn't bother, I'm still hurting. I can't.

-

I felt someone nudging me lightly in my shoulder, I quickly got up, Turns out I fell asleep, "We're here" Daisuke said who opened the door for me, I got out of the car, and just walked in without waiting for him.