Chapter 39: Unlucky

Unlucky, was the word that will never suffice what I'm feeling. I sighed, as I cleaned the table. I placed the empty shot glasses on my tray that was also full with shot glasses. I've been working so much.

Well, I chose to do this, for 2 years. I wanted to survive, and run away from everything. I finished wiping the table, I quickly carried the tray to the staff room, placing it in front of the person who washes them. I bowed and told everyone I was going to leave.

I grabbed my belongings, and didn't bother to change clothes, I just wanted to go home.

Walking alone on a dark alley of Tokyo was probably the only thing I hate. You'll never know what will happen, be cautious. It rang on my mind everytime I cross here. My home and work weren't that far. I got back fast, and safe.

I inserted the key in the doorknob, I opened the door, it was pure darkness, my apartment didn't have large windows. I searched for the light switch that was on the left. I moved my hand in various places, until I felt the switch, I pressed it.

Revealing my apartment that didn't had lots of furniture. I wanted it that way. A small room with only just a bed, and little kitchen utensils.

I laid my bag down, and kneeled on my cabinet. I pulled the cabinet with it's handle. My eyes were set on a certain jar. The jar I keep my money.

I got my bag, and pulled a envelope, it was my salary. 50% of my salary goes in here. I have to switch olaces every 6 months. I sighed, "This is the new life Y/N, you have freedom, but is it peaceful?" I looked at myself on the tiny mirror. The eyebags due to stress and lack of sleep.

Well, isn't this what I wanted? Freedom? I opened the jar, and counted the money. Apparently, I have enough to move again. I only have 1 week I'm moving to hyogo next.

I need to move places every 3 months, in order to not be caught. I live with fear for the last 2 years. Always moving, no proper place to call home. I closed the lid, and hid it in the cabinet again. I didn't have anything or anyone to ask for help

The day I ran away, I didn't care about bringing any electronics nor clothes. I just wanted to disappear. I started to fold some dried clothes that was sitting on my balcony. I started to remove them from the hanger, while I stared at the view of tokyo.

I used to look at it with relaxation, now I'm just looking at it with fear. But do I have any regrets? None. I saw my life turned upside down. It felt suffocating and so unreal at the same time

And also him, who made me happy.

"Are you okay?" Someone spoke, I turned my gaze to my right, it was my neighbor whose in their balcony, "you're crying, are you okay?" He asked, I just wiped ofd my tears, and nodded, "yes"

We chatted for awhile, "We all deserve a break don't overwork" he said and decided to end the day, I laid down on my mattress, uncomfortable, yet it's the only thing I can afford. I cannot complain.

I woke up with sweats cascading my forehead, I was hyperventilating. I dreamt of something bad. I dreamt of Kalix.

I just stood up and grabbed a glass of water and gulped it fast. My heart never stopped racing, he never stopped haunting me.

Maybe, I do need to relax. I've been working my whole life, to survive but never really to feel the relaxation. I'll just go to a bar then. Maybe I'll find some relaxation. I just have to keep my guard up.

At all times.

Night came pretty fast, I finished bathing, and just grabbed simple clothes, I don't want to stand out, I don't want to get caught. I grabbed the only pair of shoes I have, and headed out.

-

From the outside, the loud music, the strobing lights can be seen outside. I entered the bar, the sound was much more louder and clearer now.

I squeezed myself into many people and made my way to the bartender, I sat down, and greeted, "Oi Y/N here to relax?" My co-worker said, I nodded, "I need to relax you know" I painted out a small laugh.

I order three shots of tequila, and more. I couldn't count anymore, the strobing lights felt so bright, the music felt so slow, everything felt so dark.

I stood up, saw a large crowd in the middlez the feeling of wanting to join, I danced with men.

Hazy laughing, I didn't know what I was doing. I just wanted to do this.

Suddenly, a warm hand between my waist, I felt his head into my shoulder, I couldn't careless I continued to dance, I felt his lips on my ear, "Hello, Mrs. Kambe"

I turned into his side, pulling away from his intertwined hands on my waist, Daisuke.

"What do you want" I started to stand up firmly, and I saw his smirk even with the dark strobing lights, "you"

What an unlucky encounter

____
Lowkey what happened before chapter 1 and prologue yup yup, next update might be tom depends if im not feeling depressed.

It will be the present i decided not to kill anyone jk unless lol.

Thank you! 11chaps left.