A Little Sacrifice

"Don't move!" The people dressed in white froze with their hands raised.

  "Viper." I turned and saw a familiar face. "They've been waiting for you."

  "The Key. It's her." The woman gasped while looking right at me.

  "Gabriel?"

  "It's been a while."

  "Where's Octavia? Echo? Bellamy?" I questioned while glancing around the bright room.

  "Octavia and Echo are here." Gabriel replied. "But I'm sorry. Bellamy's dead."

  "....Oh." I shifted on my feet while looking at him. "Are you....Are you sure?"

  "Octavia saw it." What in the world happened before we got here? Just how much time had passed for them? From the looks of it, Gabriel was with these people dressed the same way he was. He didn't look like a prisoner- but what about the others?

  Were they okay? Were they safe?

  What the fuck was going on?

  "And what exactly is this 'key'?" I asked lowly to where only Gabriel could hear. However, before he could answer, the door slid open.

  Two men in white stood there with a hallway full of soldiers.

  "Hold!" I said as our guns aimed toward the door.

  "I'm coming in alone....unarmed." The man with a beard raised his hands to show he wasn't armed.

  "Who are you?" Raven questioned.

  "They call me the Shepherd, but you can call me Bill. You have me. Now let my people go."

  "Miller, search him." I said without looking away from the older man.

  "Clear." Miller said after patting the man down. Glancing at the others dressed in white, I jerked my head toward the door, gesturing for them to leave.

  "You must be Dia."

  "Depends on who's asking."

  "No, you can't deny it." He chuckled. "The eyes give you away. And the fact that you're the one giving orders." Bill glanced at the others.

  It was as his head was turning that my eyes narrowed, his face now sparking familiarity. I'd helped ready the bunker, knew about the Second Dawn, and this man was from those old videos and photos we had found down there.

  "You.... How the fuck are you alive?"

  "That's a very long story."

  "Pakstoka, who is he?" Niylah questioned in Trigedasleng.

  "This is the cult leader that built the bunker you lived in for six years." I answered.

  "We weren't a cult." Bill shook his head, and I was surprised that he knew what we were saying. "We were a collective of great minds dedicated to the continuation of our species."

  "How did you understand that?" Niylah asked, still speaking in her native tongue.

  "Slower, please. Um....it's been so long. It sounds different." Bill waved his hand. "Oh, my God. If her language survived, then that must mean....is my daughter in the Key?"

  "Is your daughter in where?" Jordan quirked up a brow.

  "What you call the Flame, they call the Key." Gabriel explained.

  "Then why the Hell are they-"

  "Becca said that it would merge with a human mind."

  "Becca? Bekka Pramheda?" My brows furrowed.