Watch The Thrones

Glaring at everyone, I was forced to kneel as my limbs were shackled, and armed guards stood behind me. The room was mostly quiet as an ambassador from each clan sat below their emblem while Lexa was on her throne. Beside me, Roan was silently on his knees while observing everything with an unreadable expression. I could only assume that this was some sort of trial and that I was being punished just as the Azgeda prince would be.

  When Lexa said something not in English, the doors opened, and an older woman bearing similar marks on her face to Roan walked in. Her hands were in shackles as guards walked on either side of her.

  "Queen Nia of Azgeda has confessed to the destruction of Mount Weather, resulting in the deaths of 49 members of Skaikru. Wanheda, what say you?" The bald man next to Lexa looked at Clarke.

  "Skaikru demands justice." She said firmly, and the queen spoke the Grounder language while glaring at the blonde.

  "The punishment for your crime is death." The bald man stated. "Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

  "I need no defense." The woman replied. "She does. Today is judgment day. I call for a vote of no confidence." Queen Nia slyly smirked, and the bald man looked angry.

  "Take this Queen to her fate." And as guards were moving in to grab her, an ambassador rose to his feet and spoke. The other ambassadors followed suit, repeating the same thing.

  "Nou Heda noumou."

  "Take them away, too!" The bald man shouted. But when Lexa said something, the guards all froze. "Lexa, please, execute these traitors-"

  "Let her make her move." Lexa rose a hand to silence the man.

  "Commander, what is this?" Clarke asked.

  "This is a coup." She replied.

  "This is the law." The Queen rose to her feet while glancing at Clarke. "Her law." She then looked at Lexa briefly before going back to Clarke. "A unanimous vote of the ambassadors or death are all that can remove a Commander from power."

  "It's not unanimous." Clarke spoke up.

  "We don't recognize the legitimacy of Skaikru." The Azgeda Queen gave Clarke a dirty look.

  "We do." And the bald man stepped forward while pointing at Clarke. "Yesterday, Skaikru took the brand. They are the 13th clan. This vote of no confidence fails. All these coup plotters will suffer the exact same fate as the Ice Queen." He pointed at every ambassador standing.

  "She won't take our heads because she knows our armies will retaliate." Nia turned to look at the others. "None of us here wants war."

  "We both know what you want, Nia." Lexa stood from her seat and walked toward the queen. "If you think me unfit to command, issue the challenge, and let's get on with it."

  "Very well. You are challenged." With the Commander and the Queen standing so close, it made it obvious just how big Nia was. She was nearly an entire head taller than Lexa and looked quite intimidating in her own way.

  "And I accept your challenge."

  "So be it." The bald man stated. "Soulou gonplei. Warrior against warrior. To the death." The man then looked at the Queen. "Nia of Azgeda, who do you choose to be your champion?"

  "My son, Roan. Prince of Azgeda." She smiled while looking at her son, but her smile faltered when she saw me. She seemed to stare right into my eyes as if I was some abomination of a beast she hadn't expected.