DNR

Sitting in the back of the truck, I was leaning on the side of the vehicle with my arms crossed. However, when it rolled to a stop, I jumped down onto the ground. Roan followed, but Clarke's mother stopped her before she could exit the vehicle.

  "I'll catch up." The blonde told us. Nodding, Roan and I grabbed some of the totes in the back and walked into the forest. Stepping through the snow, I saw the others carrying stuff a few yards ahead. Even further up, I saw Kane raising his hand and telling the guys something. Roan and I glanced at each other with furrowed brows before watching Kane walk toward us.

  "Where are the guards?" The Azgeda man questioned.

  "Our people aren't back from Arkadia yet."

  "Kane, don't!" My head whipped around to see Clarke. "Roan!"

  "Look. Wait!" Abby was chasing after her, and Roan drew his sword. Dropping the tote in my hand, I grabbed the knife on my belt.

  "Trikru!" Roan tossed what he was carrying to the side as some warriors spilled from the trees.    "What is this?"

  "There doesn't have to be any violence." Kane raised his hand, but arrows shot down the Trikru as others flooded into the area, pinning the Skaikru down into the snow. Gagging them and tying their hands, my brows furrowed with confusion.

  "Welcome back to Polis, my king." And Echo stood among the trees.

  "You!" I snarled, seeing the woman that had nearly killed Octavia. "I'm gonna k-" Roan pulled me back as I was advancing on her, covering my mouth as I was struggling and glaring at the Azgeda spy.

  "Now is not the time." The man said lowly in my ear. "We need to figure out what's going on first."

~
  "Okay. We're safe. Explain." Roan ordered in Trigedasleng as we entered a room in the embassy.

  "Lock up the prisoners. Ten men on the door." Echo turned to the guards, and my hand rested on the hilt of my knife.

  "Bring Wanheda to me." The king added. "I said explain." He then said in English while looking at Echo.

  "Skaikru allied with Trikru to take the temple. They gave up the tower to do it. Strategically, that made no sense, so I put our people at the temple doors. Good thing I did." Echo stated.

  "You did well, Echo." Roan said lowly. "Move the rest of our army to the temple doors. No one gets in or out." He added as two guards brought Clarke in. "Go." Roan told the spy. She left with the guards, and I sighed while sitting down and running my hands through my hair. The end was nearing, and the clans were warring still. "How long have you known?" The king questioned while taking Clarke's gag off.

  "I just found out." She replied as Roan pulled his knife.

  "Thanks for trying to warn me." He said while cutting the ropes on her hands.

  "This doesn't have to turn into a war."

  "It already has, Clarke." I popped off.

  "Only if you fight it." The blonde looked at me.

  "Your people betrayed me, Clarke." Roan stated while taking a few steps away. "What would you have me do?"

  "Live?" She lightly shrugged. "The radiation's gonna be here in 6 days. You were willing to share the bunker with us. Why not share it with Trikru, too?"

  "I suppose Kane tried to get Indra to do that before agreeing to let them assassinate me."

  "Believe it or not, Kane was trying to save your life."