Perverse Instantiation Pt. 2

"Ontari's brain dead." Clarke said to me in a defeated tone as Bellamy and Murphy went to get the others. She had used the small EMP device to wake up her mother since it wouldn't matter if it was used on Ontari or not.

  "So what do we do?" I questioned.

  "I have a plan." She didn't elaborate any further and turned away. Looking at her, I then realized something wrong with what I had been seeing this entire time.

  "Wait," Grabbing her arm before she went back into the throne room, she seemed surprised by me stopping her. "what happened to Roan?" Her face fell, and my gut felt heavy. "Clarke, what happened to Roan?" My voice had a demanding tone as unease rose within me.

  "He was shot. I don't even know if he's alive." Clenching my jaw, I let her go while going down the hall. "Viper!"

  "I'll be back." My voice was stern, and I didn't look back. The grip I had on my sword tightened as I began to search the building.

  Sneaking into the floors infested with Alie's people, I was silent while trying to find Roan. If Clarke wasn't certain if he was dead or not, then he could be somewhere bleeding out from a bullet wound.

  When I came across anyone, I had to knock them down and hurry on before they swarmed that area.

  I finally found him, left outside where he had been shot. Rolling him over, his entire torso was covered in blood as people surrounded me now that I was out in the open. Checking his pulse, I could feel it faintly under my fingertips. Then, baring my teeth at those surrounding me like an animal when they got too close, I swung my sword to keep them back. Bellamy said not to use deadly force, but my loyalty lay with Octavia and Roan alone, and Roan was currently dying at my feet.

  "Now would be the time to have a magic recovery, Roan." I hissed under my breath while standing over him, looking every which way to make sure no one got within range. They didn't fear pain because of Alie, so it didn't take long for them to start lunging at me with their fists and blades.

  Fighting them off, they swarmed like insects, cutting through the thick furs I wore and piercing my skin with their knives. Gritting my teeth through the pain, I lost count of how many of them I simply killed out of defense. Their faces were so calm, with no hint of true malice in their eyes because of the chip in their head, but still, they continued to fight me.

  When they all suddenly stopped, confusion flooded their faces as my vision was getting hazy. Stumbling, the world swirled out of focus as I tried to steady myself, not knowing what was going on and waiting for the next attack. Digging my sword into the dirt between the stones, darkness was quickly taking over my vision before I lost all balance and hit the ground from blood loss.