Exit Wounds

"What. The. FUCK?!" I shouted while crossing the sand like an oncoming storm. Bellamy's eyes went wide, and he literally pulled Echo behind him and raised his hands in front of him as if he were trying to calm a wild beast.

  "Viper, now look, it's been six years. Things change, okay, and things happen." He tried to defend himself.

  "That traitorous piece of shit almost killed your sister!" I waved my hand, but my pace was not slowed as I neared them, fuming with rage. "You know, your only fucking living blood relative? The woman that's right over there? Did you happen to forget about her or what? Are we just going to ignore all of the shit she's done now?" I had to look up at Bellamy due to the height difference, but I wasn't bothered by how he towered over me. I knew he didn't stand a chance against me if he tried anything.

  "Viper, look-"

  "No, you look!" I pointed at him while glaring. "Echo was banished, still is, and it's not because she ate the last fucking cookie in the tin. It doesn't matter how much fucking time she spent in space, that doesn't erase the shit she's done!" My hard gaze went to Echo, and I spat in the sand. "Yu nou laik skrish." I snarled.

  "I understand your anger, Viper, but-" And her voice trying to reason with me was the last straw. I quickly stepped around Bellamy and tackled Echo. The former spy wasn't unskilled, so she managed to protect herself to a degree as we began to roll in the sand. We kicked up a cloud of dirt and dust, and my knuckles were landing heavily on the taller female.

  "Echo!" I heard Bellamy shout, and I felt hands on me when I was on top of Echo. I just swung back my elbow, knocking Octavia's brother out cold when it struck his jaw. I'd deal with him later.

  "I'm going to fucking kill you." I growled while pinning Echo under me as I grabbed the front of her shirt and swung. Her head jerked to the side from my fist as she was trying to get the upper hand or at least block the blows, but she was failing as I was faster than her. She was getting bloodier the more I wailed on her.

  Suddenly, arms wrapped under mine and around my body, effectively pulling me off Echo and keeping my feet off the ground as I was snarling and still trying to swing at Echo.

  "Come here, you fucker! Just lemme rip your eyes out a little!" My veins felt as if lava ran through them as Echo scrambled further out of reach, and the person holding me sighed.

  "Are you really going to do this in front of Enan?"

  "He won't remember it, and if he does, he knows his mama won't take any shit!" I growled while kicking my leg out toward Echo and missing because she was too far away.

  "Dia." Roan said my name lowly with a warning tone. "That's enough." His gravelly voice was oddly soothing as I let my arms and legs fall limp. I was still giving Echo the glare of death, though. "Now, we better go get our son, Monty looks rather....in shock."

  Glancing over my shoulder, I saw Monty holding Enan out at nearly arm's length while looking at him. The toddler, of course, was giggling at the man's weird expression, and Monty wasn't moving a muscle as he held the three-year-old.

~

  It was only as I was walking around the ruins of Polis that I realized there weren't nearly as many people out here as there should have been. 100 from each clan- That was what was set in stone, yet it did not look like it at all.

  I found Roan with Enan on his hip talking to a group of people from Azgeda. They were laughing and clearly happy to see their king alive and well and even with a new heir. Enan seemed in a good mood as well, babbling and jumbling words both in English and Trigedasleng. There were some, however, that did not seem as pleased.