Many Happy Returns

"Viper...." Octavia mumbled while looking at me through the door. After I had injured quite a few guards, they locked me up while cuffing my hands to a support beam. "You couldn't wait a day?"

  "I was in Mount Weather for a week." I replied. "I was in the Sky Box for years." Looking up at her with a void expression, I balled my hands into fists and heard my knuckles pop as I did so. "Tasting freedom after so long, I- ....Well, you should know what it's like. You were the girl under the floor."

  "....Give me an hour." She said firmly. "Just remain calm for an hour." And Octavia left. I listened to her boots as she went down the hall and was left wondering what she had in mind.

~

  "I don't have much time now. Clarke asked me to go with her and the Grounders to a ceremony for the dead." Octavia quickly said as she unlocked the door. "I have to get this key back where I found it before they notice it's gone, too, so I'll have to keep this short." The girl hurried over to me with some cutters and went to work on the cuffs.

  "Keep what short?"

  "You're going to have to just run. Being here will drive you crazy, and from what I heard, they don't plan on letting you out. Someone recognized you, and whatever you did to get in the Sky Box has them telling others you aren't to be trusted or anything." Octavia dropped the cutters and pulled the bag off of her back to shove it into my arms. "Viper, I don't know what you did, and I don't really know you either, but I do know that you've helped keep us alive."

  "I will die out there, Octavia. I can't hunt." I replied while looking at her with wild eyes.

  "Forage until you learn how to. I grabbed as many supplies as I could- clothes, food, a blanket-"

  "Thank you." I slid the bag on my back and felt my heart pounding. "What about you? And Lincoln?"

  "We still have things to do here. We need to prove that the Grounders and Skaikru can have peace." Octavia picked up the cutters and threw them to the back of the room where they slid underneath a hole in the wall. "So, once I get you to the gate, run." She then pulled something from the back of her belt and tied it to the side of the bag.

  "You found it?" I glanced back at my ukulele.

  "They just had your things laying on a bench out there." Octavia smirked. "Now, come on. Quickly."

  "Thank you." I said lowly to her as we hurried out. We didn't run, that would've drawn attention, but I kept my head down as she led me through the camp to freedom.