Reapercussions

Spending my days eating alone, sleeping alone, playing my ukulele alone, and just in general being alone, I began to miss how Octavia used to follow me around all of the time. Being the snake slithering in the shadows of the others, I came to realize that Mount Weather wasn't all that it was cracked up to be by the residents and the other guys from the dropship.

  When it was finally realized that Clarke had gone missing, it sparked an idea for me to break out. If Octavia was still alive, then she was somewhere out in the woods with the Grounders and whatever the Hell Reapers were.

  After about a week, I finally managed to figure a way out. I had to take out a guard that was on scouting duty and take their radiation suit. Sneaking my ukulele into the suit with me, I snuck in among the other scouts as they were going outside. Keeping quiet and using the gas mask to hide my face, I managed to obtain both a gun and a way out.

  After stepping outside, I waited for when the groups split up to make my final escape. As the smaller group went into the woods, I stealthily snuck away from them by receding into the bushes and hiding in the shadows until they were well out of sight. Stepping back out, I stripped off the suit and threw it on the ground.

  Running off into the woods, I raced toward the dropship since it was the last place I knew Octavia was. It took nearly an entire day to actually get there, but the place looked like a horrifying graveyard with the burnt-out surroundings and ashes. Among it all, though, were bodies.

  Monty hadn't left a single detail out when he described what had happened with the Grounders....

  "Okay, you suck at tracking, but it's what you gotta- Don't....?" I rose an eyebrow as I saw a woman walking into the burnt-out clearing. "Octavia?" I questioned, seeing the girl looking more like a Grounder than I remembered.

  "Viper?" Her head jerked up as she looked at me, then a huge smile broke out on her face. "Viper!" She nearly shouted while running at me. The woman enclosed me in a hug and seemed genuinely happy to see me. "Clarke said you were in Mount Weather!"

  "I was. Got out." I shrugged while feeling awkward as she hugged me. "Is that a sword?" I rose a brow while looking at the weapon tied to her waist.

  "Is that a ukulele?" Her brows furrowed when she saw the instrument strapped to my back.

~

  Walking into the camp made by some survivors of The Ark crash, I followed quickly behind Octavia as she was heading to the MedBay. She had filled me in along the way on how the Reapers were being made from Grounders and how Lincoln had ended up becoming one.

  Seeing Lincoln, he was strapped to a bed and coughing while Octavia was trying to make him more comfortable. His head was still shaved, but he had grown a beard.

  "Hang on. He's not a Reaper anymore. He doesn't need to be restrained." Clarke said while looking at the older woman standing by her.

  "Yes, I do." Lincoln calmly replied.

  "Just tell us, is there a way to make peace?" The older woman asked.

  "Did she leave riders behind?" Lincoln questioned.

  "Two just outside the gate."

  "They're waiting for Finn. You don't have much time to decide."

  "She can't expect us to just hand over one of our own people. Would she do that?" Octavia asked.

  "She wouldn't let her people die to protect a murderer." Lincoln replied while looking at the black-haired girl. "If you don't do this, she will kill everyone in this camp." Lincoln then glanced at the others in the room.