⛓The Dying of the Light⛓

*WARNING: Mature content ahead, proceed at own risk*
[Contains: Size Difference, Biting, Marking, Oral Sex, Vaginal Fingering, Vaginal Sex, Spanking, Hair Pulling, Begging, Cum, D/S]

  "Place your bets now: Will the water work with the power back on?" I muttered while reaching out for the faucet over the sink. The pipes groaned for a second, but water sputtered out before turning to a steady stream. "Thank you." I sighed.

  "It seems most of the bunker is still in working order other than the farm." Roan said from behind me.

  "No surprise there." I cupped my hands under the stream of water to collect it. Sniffing the water to be sure there were no strong or strange smells, I then took a drink. "The water filtration seems to be working, too."

  "Why didn't you ask before taking a drink?"

  "Because I want to take a shower. I was literally inside a creature's stomach not too long ago. Thought it was a cave at first, but...." I then shrugged.

  "That explains the smell in your hair." Roan popped off with a rumbling chuckle, and I smacked his arm with the back of my hand.

  "I know it's true, but you don't have to laugh about it." I then sat on a bench near the shower stalls to take my boots off. "On one hand, maybe I should have accepted the offer to shower back at that cult place, but on the other hand, didn't trust a damn one of them." I grumbled.

  Pushing my hair back over my shoulders, I undid the furs to drop them onto the bench. Taking off the harnesses for my knives, they joined the pile.

  "What even happened over there?" Roan asked while crossing his arms.

  "A bunch of bullshit. Yet another group of humans with a superiority complex with cult brainwashing sprinkled in. Bill, the Shepherd, teaches them to suppress their emotions 'for the good of mankind', he says. I didn't see as much of it as Octavia and Echo, but I saw enough to know that I didn't like it and wanted no part of it."

  "And this 'Last War' is a part of their plan?"

  "Exactly. Bill believes he's building an army to ascend to a higher level of being." Standing up, I went into a showering stall and turned on the water. "The Anomaly Stones are a part of it. You put in a specific code, and it'll take you to some other place. Except Bill's people mistranslated it to a war while Jordan translates it to a test. Either way, if you don't win, all of humanity is fucked no matter where they are in the galaxy." I said while feeling the water and waiting for it to at least get warm.

  "And the Flame had this code?"

  "Yup. Bekka Pramheda discovered the code, went to wherever it was the stone leads to, and then refused to take part. She kept the code from Bill because whatever it was she saw, she knew he shouldn't get his hands on the code."

  "And Madi's here because she knows the code." Roan sighed.

  "Not consciously. But from the drawings in her sketchbook, it's in her head somewhere, and Bill has a machine that can actually look through your memories. Bill's daughter also just so happens to be Kalliope Pramfleimkepa."

  "What?"

  "Yeah." I stepped under the water, letting it run over my hair and skin. "Kalliope also apparently came up with Trigedasleng when she was a child. From what I gather, the clans were actually formed by her and her people after somehow getting out of the Second Dawn bunker. My guess is this shit was left out of history for a reason."

  "And why the capital was here as well."

  "It does make me wonder what exactly happened back then." Grabbing the soap bar in the corner tray, I ran it under the water to wash a layer of it off before using it in my hair. Placing the bar back onto the tray, I lathered the soap more with my hands. "I mean, if Kalliope Pramfleimkepa was Bill's daughter, why did he go through the Bridge without her?"