We Will Rise

"What do you want?" I snarled while glaring at the door when it finally opened.

  "Echo was wrong." Roan's face paint was gone, but there was no blood on him. "Octavia is still alive."

  "I still will not forgive." My voice was cold as he walked over to me. "Stay back." I snapped, pausing him in his tracks.

  "Dia, listen to me." He said lowly. "I only locked you in here because I knew you'd retaliate and attack Echo. Octavia is still alive, and whether you like it or not, you're coming with me." Roan stated. "We have to leave quickly if you want to help bring peace back."

  Rising to my feet, my glare didn't waver.

  "I can't believe myself, but I still trust you after everything." I snarled while stepping toward him, and I looked into his blue eyes. "If you were anyone else, I would have killed you when you opened that door. My instincts tell me to run, but I know I have to stay, and if what you say is to be true, you damn well know that I'll go." Standing less than a foot away from him, my face remained expressionless. "But because of your actions, I can't trust you as I did before. Not until you prove to me that I can fully rely on you once more."

  "I understand." He replied. "....Ai nou gaf em drop yu." Roan muttered, and my head tilted to the side.

  "Prove it." I said before walking away from him and out the door. Heading toward the stable, I knew that he was right behind me. The horses were already ready, so all I had to do was mount Fang and follow Roan to where we were headed.

  Arriving at Arkadia, people were loading barrels into a truck with a tarp-covered back. I knew the contents of the blue containers because Roan had already explained to me what we were doing. Someone led my horse to a shelter along with Roan's and Clarke came up to speak with us.

  "Bellamy and I will lead the way in the rover. You, Viper, and your men will ride in back with the fuel." She said and Roan nodded.

  "The king of Azgeda follows no one." A warrior with armor fashioned from license plates spoke up.

  "It's all right, Seiku. Best we stay out of sight for now." The king explained.

  "It's time to go." Bellamy stated as he walked past and toward the vehicles. Monty hopped out of the back of the truck as the Azgeda warriors were loading in.

  "All set?" The blonde questioned.

  "Locked and loaded. I do, however, feel the need to reiterate: You're about to drive the last 10 barrels of hydrazine known to man, a cargo which Raven needs every last drop of, through hostile territory, packed with warring clans, over uneven roads where one serious bump could cause an explosion that would not only kill all of you but would wipe out mankind's only remaining chance for survival." Monty said as Roan and Clarke looked at each other.

  "What could possibly go wrong?" Roan popped off, speaking with heavy sarcasm.

  "Everything." I stated while climbing into the back of the truck and sitting on the edge. Roan sat across from me, and I could feel the tension between us. If the others could sense it, they said nothing or assumed it had to do with the mission. Bracing myself for when the truck began to move, I managed to settle while feeling the bumps the shocks didn't absorb.

  When the truck stopped in the middle of the forest, however, everyone got to their feet, prepared to move if they had to.

  "Stay put, Clarke and Bellamy are taking care of it." A guard in the front of the truck said through a small window. What they were taking care of, I had no clue, but I remained where I was. Roan turned to his soldiers and put a finger to his lips, silently telling them to keep quiet. After hearing distant voices, I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it was clear as day when I heard the engines start up again and Bellamy shouting.