Perverse Instantiation Pt. 1

No matter what we tried, Luna continued to deny the flame until she drugged us and had us off of the oil rig by the next day. Our hope of having Luna as Heda was ruined, and we had no other plan of action. Alie was spreading, and she was unstoppable as far as we knew.

  "It's clear." I called out as I returned on Fang. I had scouted ahead while Bellamy fixed the fuel cell on the truck, but Clarke was nowhere in sight now.

  "All right, just keep your eyes peeled." Bellamy replied. "I'm going after Clarke." Nodding, I turned the horse around as the man entered the forest.

  "I'll stay within range, shout if you need me." I said to Jasper and Octavia before nudging Fang with my legs. Trotting off, I circled a radius of the vehicle, creating a perimeter as I watched for any movement.

  Hearing a gunshot suddenly ringing out, Fang reared back on his hind legs from the noise before I directed him toward it. It sounded nearby, so it was either one of us or an Alie-infected Skaikru.

  "Viper, perfect timing." Bellamy said as I saw him, Clarke, and two bodies on the ground. "Use Fang to drag him to the rover." He pointed at the larger man dressed in Azgeda furs. Clarke gave me a look as Bellamy walked away.

  "It's Roan." She said lowly, and I jumped off of the horse.

  "What the Hell do you mean, 'It's Roan'?" Rolling over the big guy, I saw that it really was the king. "Bellamy shot him?!"

  "Just in the arm. He didn't know if Roan was with Alie." The blonde replied. Glaring in the direction Bellamy had gone, I huffed while calling Fang over. Using ropes and the leverage of the horse, I managed to get the hulking mass of muscle draped over the saddle. Holding the reigns, I led Fang back to the truck with Clarke.

  "Octavia, get me the medkit." I called out as Clarke was climbing into the back of the vehicle. Getting Roan off the horse with help from Jasper and Octavia, we managed to get his coat off to doctor the bullet wound.

~

  Riding behind the others in the rover, I kept glancing at the back. Roan was still unconscious the last I heard, and he was tied up back there with everyone. Knowing him as much as I did, he would be pissed when he woke up....

  Entering Arkadia, we were greeted by the others while the truck was being unloaded.

  "We were getting worried." Raven limped into view with a smile. She saw the looks on Clarke and Octavia's faces, and her smile dropped from their expressions. "Where's Luna?"

  "Luna said no." Octavia replied as Roan was being led from the vehicle. He looked angry, gagged, and bloody. What the Hell happened when he woke up?

  "Who the Hell is this?"

  "He's Ice Nation."

  "King of the Ice Nation, actually." Clarke popped off. "And he's our way into Polis." Sliding off of the horse, I glared at the others. Like Octavia, the man had my trust, and also like Octavia, I would protect him if I had to.

  "This way, your Highness." Bellamy took hold of Roan to lead him forward. "You two, follow me. I'll take him to lock up."

  "You want to use him to get to Ontari?" Raven questioned.

  "Yes." Clarke nodded.

  "What happened to his arm?"

  "Bellamy shot him." Jasper stated.

  "Good luck getting him to cooperate." Monty sighed.

  "That's where Viper comes in." Clarke crossed her arms. "She had an alliance with him. It's why she was in Ice Nation." All eyes turned to me.