The Other Side

"They've made their choice, Viper. We have to find another way in." Octavia stated as she was wrapping a bandage around my arm.

  "There is no other way. This one stayed hidden for 100 years." I replied.

  "Then we should break it open." She popped off.

  "Then it won't protect anyone." I sighed.

  "Bellamy will find a way." The girl tried to reassure me. "The black rain is keeping the clans at bay for now. But when it stops, and they find out what the others did...."

  "They stole the bunker." I snarled. "They're just as bad as they've always been."

  "I wondered why Kane was stalling." Looking up, I saw Echo standing with her sword drawn.   "Skaikru dishonors us all yet again. When the people find out, you'll pay for this in blood." The spy stated before turning to tell the others.

  "Skaikru wasn't the only clan that showed dishonor at the conclave. Was it?" I popped off just as Indra walked in with a bowl of water and a rag. "I know you were disguised as a warrior on the battlefield, and I know Roan caught you. I even know that he banished you for it."

  "Is this true?"

  "If the scouts check the Blue Cliff warrior's body, they'll find Azgeda arrows."

  "And Roan did not have a bow." Indra stated while setting the bowl in her hands down. "Azgeda broke the rules. They should not have a place in this bunker."

  "Wonkru, Indra." Octavia said.

  "I will not banish an entire clan because of one person's sins." Stepping toward Echo, I had to hold back from attacking her as her mere presence made me angry.

  "What do you want?" She clenched her jaw.

  "Only for you to honor your king. Work with us, and when Bellamy opens that door, Azgeda will have a place from Praimfaya." I could hardly believe my words, but Roan had told me before to wait and find out what was going on before I attacked.

  "That's your plan? To wait?" Echo asked.

  "Yes." Then, turning to Octavia, I gently held my injured arm. "Octavia, you're going to take over while I'm gone. I have somewhere to be, but I'll be back. I promise."

  "Wait. Where are you going?" She questioned.

  "Becca's island. There's something there that I have to pick up."

~

  "She's been rambling to herself this entire time." I heard a voice say as I entered the lab. Looking over the ledge, I saw Raven running back and forth, dragging equipment around as fast as her leg could let her go.

  "Hey, Raven." I called out to get her attention. "I've got a favor to ask of you."

  "Sure, but you might wanna hurry it up, Viper." She nodded while placing her hands on her hips.

  "Since you're still super brain because of Alie, think you could make another Nightblood?"

  "Gonna need your marrow." Raven raised her shoulders as I went down the stairs. "But why do you want to do this?"

  "I have a plan, and to do it, I need help even if the rain hits again." I stated as her eyes drifted to the man behind me.

  "If you say so. Get on the table." And the dark-haired woman went to go grab a needle. Climbing onto the illuminated table, I laid down on my side.

  "So, did your plan work with the bunker?" The large man asked while standing by me. Holding out my hand as Raven lifted my shirt, he firmly took it.

  "They didn't have a choice but to listen. Octavia is working on getting everyone in while I'm here." Cringing as the needle dug into my hip, I squeezed his hand.

  "So that technically makes you Heda, huh?" He smirked as Raven extracted the marrow.

  "Shut up."

  "What? You did defeat those that went against you. You won the conclave." He briefly glanced at the dark-haired woman. "You also came up with such an insane plan to ensure that everyone you care about survives." Raven placed a bandage onto the spot she took from before I sat up. "But I guess if it works, it works."

  "If you don't stop, I'll punch you in the throat." I shot him a glare.

  "No, you won't."

  "Yes, I will."

  "I know you won't." He helped me to my feet as I grunted. "Especially not after everything you've done and what you're doing now."

  "Roan, don't be annoying."