⛓The Face Behind the Glass⛓

*WARNING: Mature content ahead, proceed at own risk*
[Contains: Size Difference, Hair Pulling, Biting, Outdoor Sex, Vaginal Sex, Cock Riding]

  "There she is! There's Delilah!" Someone called out and applause grew in the tavern that was decorated for their 'Naming Day' celebration. From what I could gather it was very similar to a crowning ceremony.

  "Dia, do you think it's wise to be giving Enan all these treats?" Roan quirked up a brow while turning to look at me, and I said nothing since my cheeks were full of cookies just like our son. Roan stared at me before glancing at the cookies I had in my hands. "Dia. Did you take an entire plate?" Swallowing, I pointed at the man with a cookie.

  "Look, these fuckers are delicious, okay? Just try one." Handing him one of the baked treats, he hesitated before taking it and biting down. I grinned when I saw his face light up, and Enan climbed into my lap.

  "Okay, they are good. But still, try to limit how much you give Enan, all right? Don't want him to spoil his dinner."

  "Well, you heard your dad. No more cookies, Enan." I said while glancing down at the boy, and he suddenly launched off my lap at Roan.

  The toddler whined in Trigedasleng while clinging to Roan's clothes to keep from falling before Roan grabbed him. Chuckling, I watched with amusement as Roan replied also in Trigedasleng.

  "Enan, you still have to have dinner. If you want more after, then you can." It was only after Roan spoke that people nearby reacted....differently. When Enan had spoken, there had been no reaction, but when Roan had spoken, he was getting stares ranging from confusion to discomfort. I guess they realized Enan wasn't just babbling, he was truly speaking another language.

  "Come, everyone. We don't want to miss the opening ceremony." A woman called out, and everyone in the tavern began to filter outside. Roan rested Enan on his hip, and we followed the crowd as they gathered before the castle.

  "Welcome to Naming Day." There was applause from the people as their leader spoke into a strange-looking microphone. "Today we observe the 4 pillars of Sanctum. They are?"

  "Repent, Renew, Rejoice, Rebirth."

  "Correct. Rebirth. Rebirth! Today we mark the return of our beloved Priya."

  "Hallowed be her name."

  "Indeed. As we bequeath her name to our equally beloved Delilah." The crowd cheered. "As is the tradition with every Naming Day, I will begin the process of making amends. As your leader, it's my job to keep us safe during the Red Sun. Kaylee....I failed you in this. When I realized you and your family didn't make it to Ryker's keep before the eclipse, I closed the door. I kept it open as long as I could....until the life of everyone else was at risk. It was a decision with tragic consequences. I know the heartbreak you feel. I know your pain." His voice wavered. "I miss Josephine every day. And the fact that I'm the cause of this pain for you...." He sniffled, and Kaylee hugged him as he started to cry.

  The people around us began to clap, and I shifted on my feet. These people had some strange traditions....but the display of forgiveness being shown in front of us actually seemed genuine.

  "And now it's your turn. Tell your neighbor that you love them. Make amends with those you've hurt. Free yourselves."

~

  Enan was scribbling all over the fabric for a lantern- another tradition for the Naming Day celebration- and I didn't even have the faintest what the boy was drawing. He was just grabbing different colors and having a blast.