15

Amina

I huffed as I took every step to my room. How could she? I thought, "It shouldn't be this deep", my subconscious said, and I rolled my eyes.

It's very deep, especially when she knows I hate being scolded. I'd rather someone hit me than scold me.

"Who are you talking to?" Bukar says, coming into view.

"None of your business," I say, walking a bit faster so I can get into my room.

I finally make it and attempt to slam the door in his face, but he blocks it with one hand and pushes it open.

"Fuck your man strength", I curse out loud, and he chuckles. I throw my bag onto the floor and rip the veil off my body. I begin to unzip when my hands are moved away and replaced.

He unzipped my A-shaped Ankara gown, and I slid the sleeves off. Then I pulled my head tie off and was left standing in only my bra and underskirt. I watched him practically size me up from the mirror, and I smirked, "Pervert",

"Even if I am a pervert, at least it's halal," he says.

"I didn't realise I said that out loud," I reply.

"Well, you did", he deadpans.

"Can I be alone now?" I asked, getting annoyed. I was still furious.

"No, you can't", he answers.

"What do you want?" I ask, turning around to face him. "I came back before Maghrib, and I unblocked you, so what the fuck do you want now?" I yell.

My heart was beating at a furious rate, and my breathing had become ragged.

"Why are you so angry?" he yells, coming closer. I move backwards unconsciously till I hit the dresser.

"I'm not angry," I said, regaining my composure.

"I just want to be alone", I add.

"Amina, what the hell is this all about? I ate food someone else offered me, and by the time I came home, I was full. Why is that such an issue?" he yells.

"Stop yelling at me," I yell.

"I'll stop yelling when you stop," he yells again.

"Fine, I'm not yelling anymore," I yell.

"Then I'm not yelling anymore either," he yells again.

"What if she had put in some type of love potion," I say with a tiny voice so he wouldn't realise I was crying.

He chuckles, "is that what my beautiful wife was so worried about? he asks.

"Babe, I'm yours. You have me all to yourself forever and ever," he says, pulling me into his chest.

I press my head to his chest to hide my tears, "then what else?" he asks.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"There's something else", he adds.

I shake my head, "come on, let it out", he urges. I hate that he knows me so well.

"Fine.  Amira made Aunty fanna yell at me," I blurt out and then explain everything to him.

"And you don't like being scolded?" he asks, and I nod in response.

"I'm sorry you got scolded, but you shouldn't have tried to hit a pregnant lady," he says.

"I wasn't going to hit her", I reply.

"And I'm not calling or texting first," I add. He smiles in response.

"Now take this off," he says, pulling at my bra strap.