21

Simna

"Rabi, why would you bring him to my house?" I whisper, observing the young man in my living room.

"This is your chance to finally get your Akram back without his stupid wife being a bother", she replies.

"I don't know, Rabi, something about him doesn't sit right with me," I tell her, eying his back wearily, don't worry, she assures me, and we make our way into the living room.

We both mutter a Salam, and he replies, I sit as far away as possible while Rabi sits on the adjacent loveseat.

"Salim, this is my best friend Simna, simna this is my acquaintance Salim," Rabi says, introducing us to each other.

"To make this short and simple, you want Akram, and I want Amira, my initial plan was to kill him, but since you're interested, I'll have to keep him alive, meaning our only option is to tear them apart," he yells out, and I stare at him wide-eyed.

"To do that well have to kill off that baby. We wait for it to be born, we kidnap it and kill it off in a way he'll blame her for negligence and hate her, you swoop in and comfort him through it, and I'll handle her," he finishes.

"You want us to kill a baby?" I ask, unable to comprehend what he just said. I may be many things, but I'm not that big of a monster.

"Do you have another plan?" he asks, tilting his head and cocking an eyebrow.

"Because I would love to hear what a girl who looks like this but still found it hard to keep a man has to say," he adds.

"Excuse me?" I say, standing up.

" Okay, that's enough for today," Rabi says getting up.

He scoffs and places a smug smirk on his stupid face, and I grimace.

"What's going on here?" a voice comes from behind, and I turn my head towards it. It was Abdulrahman, the idiot my dad, had married me off to a month earlier after he was informed about my so-called drug use.

I look at Rabi, and she stares back. I hadn't informed him of their visit, and he was sure to make some big deal out of it.

"I'm Salim, Rabia's boyfriend," Salim says, extending a hand. I watch Abdulrahman shake his hand briefly.

"We should get going," he says, grabbing Rabi's hand. They say goodbye and walk out.

I slump back onto the couch and bury my head in my hands, thinking about what Salim had suggested.

"You don't like him or something?" Abdul asks, sitting opposite me. I ignore him, and eventually, he leaves.

Amira

We had game night today, so the girls were here as usual, and the guys would be here in a bit.

I was sprawled across the bed next to Amina while Ailah and Hudayya towered over me with paintbrushes. They were painting my bump because, why not? Their words, not mine.

"How much longer?" I ask.

I was exhausted from being in the same position for a while. Lying down has become my favourite thing, but staying still is boring.