1

Amira

 I placed my palm on the cold glass as the raindrops trickled down the window's other side. Is this what my life has become? I asked myself as another tear rolled down my cheek. But then, the sound of the door being opened brought me back to reality.

 "Amira, you shouldn't be up by now. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow, and we don't want a sleepy bride", my Aunt Inthi joked.

I smiled a little. I couldn't help but imagine myself sleeping off during my wedding. "Come and lay down," she said, motioning for me to join her on the bed. I slowly walked towards my king-sized bed and Lay down beside her.

"Your mother would have loved to see you get married," she said, smiling at the ceiling as if she had just seen her deceased sister waving at her.

I cuddle up against her. "she would have, but not to someone I don't love, "I said, sighing.

She sighed, "He will take care of you, Amira. He's a very good boy. He will give you everything you get here in your father's house".

"How sure are you, mama?" I asked.

"Amira, he's a successful guy. He'll give you everything you have in your father's house, maybe even more."

"Okay, I understand your point," I said, cutting her off.

"But the—"

"The love will come," she said, grabbing my hand.

"Allah is doing this for a reason. If it's meant to be, it will work out fine, but if it isn't, you'll return to your father's house, but we don't want that," she said, squeezing my hand.

I laughed, and she joined in.

"I'm saying put trust in Allah, and everything will work out fine, " she said with a smile.

"Thanks, mama," I said. She got up and kissed my forehead. She turned back when she got to the door.

"Get some sleep," she said before turning off the light and closing the door behind her.

I snuggled up in my big plush blanket and gladly welcomed sleep when my head hit the soft pillows.

I woke up to the sound of drums beating and loud voices. I groaned loudly and got up from my bed. I peered out the window and saw women wearing different laffayas dancing while the drummers beat the drums loudly.

These loud people, I thought, face-palming myself.

"Thank God our bride is awake", I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned around and saw Ailah dressed in a red, black and yellow ankara and Hudaya dressed in a purple lace which was the Anko I picked out for my cousins.

I rushed to hug Ailah. We've always been close but never as close as she and Huddaya.

"Sister-in-law", she squealed, hugging me back. I laughed and pulled away.

"How are you," I asked.

"Good, Alhamdulillah", she replied, asking about me.

"I'm fine, Alhamdulillah", I replied, smiling.

"I hope no cold feet," she asked worriedly.

"No, not at all", I replied. 

That was a big fat lie.

"Thank God", she heaved a sigh of relief.

We got to catch up before Mama walked in and told me to get ready. The girls left the room, and I headed for my bathroom. I ran a hot bath and used my strawberry body shop shower gel. After my bath, I washed my face using my body shop products.