23. Butterflies

Draco POV

I sat on the living room after dinner. The fireplace illuminated my father's face as he told me stories about our precious dark lord.

Mom sat beside me on the green velvet couch, stroking the back of my head with her fingers as I pretended to be interested in what he was saying.

It had been some days since we left hogwarts and although I didn't like to admit it, I missed it. I hadn't to be always afraid of what my father would say, the only one I missed when I was there was my mother. It seems she's the only one that cares about me. Hogwarts sure was noisy, but at least it hadn't this terrific silence felt at home.

My so called 'friends' only care about how famous I was. Sometimes I thought my father payed them honestly. But then there's Mars. That girl conflicted me.

She approached me out of nowhere and really tried to understand me. At first I was a bit uncomfortable with the sudden closeness we had, but I liked when she heard about my interests, although I didn't tell her that.

The night became darker and my father commanded me to bed. I walked through the dark hallways and up the marble stairs to my room. Tiredly I dressed my silk pajamas, sighting, enjoying the atmosphere all by myself, emerged in my mind.

I looked outside for a bit before I closed my tall and big curtain. It was foggy outside and the moon could barely be seen. I was about to close the curtain when a ministry owl landed outside of the window.

It looked at me with those big brown eyes, like signaling to me to open the glass between us. Usually the mail was given to us by the house elves, the owls landed on the kitchen. So I found it quite strange at the time.

When I finally opened the envelope. There was a cassette and a little note.
I opened it to find it was from Mars.

Hi there Draco,
I know you must be bored just like I am, so this is why I grabbed a piece of your hair, since I didn't really know where you lived. I hope you have somewhere to watch this. I realized it will be a long time for both of us to go to the theatre together, so I just thought I'd send it to you. Have fun with your Romeo.

H, Mars.

I felt myself get excited as I saw the couple on the cover. My parents hated muggle things, but my aunt Bellatrix had a cassette player in her room. She liked to mock their shows on the TV.

I burned the paper and after I heard the last person go to bed I snook out of my room to see my aunt laying on her bed, snoring deeply with her mouth slightly open. I was scared of her, sometimes more then my father.

Silently with a spell I lifted the TV and the player and brought them to my room, I just had to make sure she didn't notice before the film ended.

・❥・

Mars' POV

And that was it. We spent almost two weeks, 24/7 writing letters to each other. Sometimes he sent me some drafts about his and George's ideas. I think people didn't know how smart they were, but the boys had brains even if they didn't use them in school, I know they would have a brilliant future ahead of them.

Unfortunately their mother didn't think the same. George told me they were arguing with her a lot more. She wanted them to be her vision of 'perfection' and have a brilliant future, 'like Percy', she always compared them to him.

But working at the ministry didn't make them happy and taking the joy out of those boys eyes wasn't something I wanted to see either. I haven't quite met their mother, I'm sure she was lovely and wanted the best for them, but they were sad about the whole situation.

It was more from George's side that I knew this things. Fred didn't tell me much about it. Me and him became quite flirty with eachother on the letters we wrote.

I can't flirt with him, I thought, but I didn't want to push him back either.

I layed on the roof with Harry. We had made a fort with his invisible cloth and it was dark so no one could've see us. It was a bit windy so we had our jackets on as we stared onto the sky and a little radio played in the background.

It was silent, each of us in our thoughts when Harry humed the lyrics of the song that played, encouraging me to do the same, as I felt his head turn to me and a small smirk grow on his face.

(California dreamin by The Mamas & The Papas)

We locked hands in the air as we serenaded the stars.

Our laughts and voices surrounded the atmosphere and when the song came to an end our laughts became less.

"Do you think I'm nice Mars?" Harry questioned out of the blue.

"What do you mean by nice?" I laughed.

"Like. Am I attractive?" He asked shyly.

"I mean your kinda of my brother but yeah I think you're pretty Harry. Anyone would be glad to be with you" he let out a short giggle "Why? Does Potter have a crush?"

"Maybe.." he answered with a side smile.

"Who is it, who is it?" I spoke excitedly. After hesitating a bit he finally revealed

"Cho chang"

"She's pretty not gonna lie. Might steel her from you" I winked as he laughed and the conversation faded away again.

"Harry how do you know if you like someone?" I hesitated to say.

"Well you get nervous when they're around, sometimes you can't even talk, it depends on the person honestly. But you always feel those butterflies in your stomach whenever they talk to you or just even look at you" Harry talked unshelling his romantic side.

"Butterflies?" I asked oblivious of what he was talking about, they didn't talk about that in the movies.

"Yeah. It's like this weird sensation on your stomach, like little warm hugs from the inside"

Do I feel butterflies when Fred is around? I do. But... do I really like him?

"Who's the lucky one Mars?"

"I- no one"

・❥・

After a cup of tea with Remus, I went up the stairs to close the day. I got on my pajamas and switched on the light from my bedside table.

I wasn't that sleepy tho. So I just layed on my bed as the moon shined on my face and I watched it's beautiful features as the stars surrounded her, like they were her little kids.

I started daydreaming, as usual, when all of a sudden a big silhouette appears in front of me just on the other side of the window. I started screaming from the scare I got. Was I being robbed or something?

Then I noticed his pale and familiar face staring at me with a finger on his mouth, signaling for me to stay quiet.

The door of my room suddenly opened and a rushed Sirius came in with a sleepy voice asking what was happening.

"Dad it's okay, it was just a bad dream" I reassured him before he gave me a hug and went to his room again.

I noticed Fred had hid under the window as he came back in the light once more, standing on his broom.

Finally inside, and after he stumbled on my bed I asked

"What the hell are you doing here?! What if somebody finds out?! You can get killed!" I asked as anger boiled inside me but also the feeling that I just wanted to hug him desperately.

"I came to see you. I couldn't help it anymore. Besides nobody knows your location, we're fine" he answered as his arms gestured forward asking for a hug.

A/N
Gently reminder: please don't forget how loved you are<3 I know I might be a stranger but maybe you need to hear this. So lots of love to you, I hope you're okay:))