40. Silver screen

After this night everything came down to an end. I got out of that beautiful arranged dance without knowing I was about to become bloody Carrie herself. Well perhaps I'd rather be her, than go through the events that happened next.

We finally arrived. The weather was foggy, the clouds wandered through the earth the only thing I could see were my feet standing above the wet grass and the teacher that stood beside me. I could see his pale hands shaking. He wasn't one to show when he was nervous, in fact he was always smily or angry when students did what they shouldn't.

I looked at his eyes, a tear started to form in them as they darkened and became one of those nights with no stars, just black, all around. My body started to tremble in fear with the silent words his mouth moumbeled.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

I hadn't time to even register what he had said. I felt my frame weakening to the ground, my head becoming fuzzy like the fog that surrounded me, leaving me without sight, and the grass wetening the side of my face. I was paralized. I couldn't move, just like that night, that terrifying night that wouldn't leave me alone. I couldn't speak, I just stood there, tears in my eyes, confusion, chaos

when I felt two strong big hands, grabbing my body from the ground before I blacked out completly.

・❥・

My eyes opened, adjusting themselves to the light that wasn't much. My head was heavy, drooping to the ground. And it was only when my strength got back again that I looked forward to see my father standing in front of me. He had a tired face, he looked like he had just spent twenty more years in Azkaban. Then he realised I was awake.

My senses came back slowly. And finally conscious I realized I couldn't move much. Because when I tried to reach for him, to the pleadings I could hear of my name, I felt how strongly and well tied my hands were to my back, around a big stake of wood.

My eyes widened when I realized he couldn't move as well. And in a stake just like ours was Remus, beside me. Shock was the perfect word to describe myself in that moment. Speachless of how we were in that place. Of why we let that happen and the things we hadn't done that could have saved our lifes. Because after this, us three didn't have much expectancy on living.

My body was sore, like I had just been fighting a battle. Hair stuck to my forehead making me wonder if it was the moody weather around or my body that trembled in fear.

Nothing could be seen other than us. In a haze I heard both my father's voices of horrifyiedness. I looked at their faces. Tears in their eyes as they wondered, like me, if it was all but a dream.

"Mars! Are you listening to me? It's gonna be okay!"

"Who's there??"

Her laught echoed.

Ressurection from nightmares of long buried time. No matter how many times my nails pinched the back of my hand I was still present in the same place. She was still emerging from the fog made reality. And it was when her eyes came to surface, her curls shined with the moon's light that my soul left my body. Inches from me, stood Bellatrix Lestrange.

"What a family reunion we have here dear cousin. I was hoping to meet my precious niece some day" She said between dirty teeth with the widest smile. Her hair fell above her face, between her eyes, the ones that stared into my soul, screaming craziness, shouting how that night wasn't going to end well.

"What do you want Bella?" Sirius questioned in rage. The nickname may make you think he still had some compassion for her, but that had died many years ago.