30. Dragons

Next day I couldn't even look at him at the table. He was always glued to Alicia in someway, but everytime I looked, the only thing in my mind was the dream from the night before.

Everytime I looked at him I just remembered how his beautiful face was above me, and how his lips parted perfectly before getting closer to mine.

Everytime I looked at him I just reminded myself of how that wasn't real.

The first task was coming forward. I liked dragons and their amazing tales, but facing one wasn't the same thing. I had asked Ron to tell me about dragons, since he was always bragging about how his brother Charlie worked with them in Romania.

The night before I had barely slept, just anticipating the event. What could happen and how I would managed not to get cooked?

"Nervous?" Harry asked with his hands on his pockets as we made our way to the arena.

"I'm just fighting a dragon Harry, why should I be nervous?" I answered sarcastically.

"Right. Just don't die Mars" he told me when we finally approached the tent where the champions would be preparing.

"What a good way to relax her Potter" George interrupted placing an arm around my shoulder, beside him Lee, and Fred... nowhere to be seen. "You'll be fine. What's a little dragon against you?"

"A lot. They spit fire George" he giggled before engulfing me in a reassuring hug.

After all the hugs, like I was really getting eaten by a dragon and wouldn't see them again, how dramatic my friends were, they left to their sits.

With a final deep breath, I reached my hand up, grabbing the curtain of the tent to enter it, but soon my arm was grabbed and I turned my head around.

"Good luck, don't let yourself get toasted" said Fred still with his hand on my arm with an half smile. For a solid couple of seconds we just stood there awkwardly, I hadn't spoke to him in ages, what was I supposed to say?

But the awkwardness soon left with Malcolm getting out of the tent. Thank god, he was my savior.

As his eyes layed themselves on me and Fred we quickly fell apart. Malcolm shared a soon gaze with him before turning to me.

"Don't be anxious, I'm sure Cedric is more terrified than you right now" he told me as he slowly put his palm against my cheek and kissed the other side of my face.

A flash was heard in front of us, another wonderful article for the daily prophet, I rolled my eyes. At this point I didn't even mind anymore they already had all of my 'supposed' life written.

"Good luck darling" he said with a wink and left as well.

"I have to go" I told Fred still stooding there. He nodded and I got inside.

・❥・

"Champions do a circle around me" Barty Crouch told us after he and Dumbledore entered the place, with a bag on his hands, in which little noises and smoke came from the inside.

Opening the bag to Fleur, a mini olive colored dragon came out of it: the Green Welsh.

Everyone was sorted with a dragon and finally there was me, with a small version of an Hungarian Horntail in my hands as the headmaster gave me concerned looks, how encouraging.

"These represent four very real dragons each of which as been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple: collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot proceed to the next task" he explained "Any questions?"

"Well good luck to you all. Mr. Diggory at the sound of the canon you.." and then the sound of the canon came interrupting his words.

I gave Cedric a reassuring smile as he left with eyes of confidence to the arena, but I knew that he was just as shaky as me.

・❥・

Now it was my turn. I walked onto the arena, as the Hungarian dragon stood above a big rock, the golden egg just between it's feet.

Not even a second after he saw me, all that I could see were flames in front of me. I quickly hid myself in the nearest corner so I could finally do what I'd planned.

Hermione was a very bright witch. She had helped me to discover a spell in which I could defend myself. We spent a lot of our time in the library after classes searching for something that would help me and studying books about dragons. What were their weaknesses?

Eventually we ended up finding a very interesting spell. One that would copy the enemies traits and pass them onto the caster. It wasn't that easy to do but I managed it.

When the chance came, I pointed my wand in it's direction and a little vortex could be seen from the dragon to my wand.

The dragon remained the same, but now I had something more. I had wings, big and yellowish dragon wings.

Everyone gasped at the sight. The wings moved as I tried to understand how I would even manage to fly. The dragon was angry and more balls of fire were thrown in my direction as I ran through the arena.

Then suddently my feet left the ground and I spinned around in the air, twirling, going up and down, screams leaving my mouth as I almost went against the stands.

"Mars! Concentrate!" I heard someone spoke loudly, probably Hermione.

I let out a deep breath and after a few seconds I managed to move at my own will. My plan was to fly around the dragon to make him dizzy, if that was even possible, and when he was already too crazy and seeing too many versions of me, I'd steel the egg.

And that's what happened, except the part where he almost ate my leg and I ended up in Madam Pomfrey.

・❥・

"You're good to go now" she told me, after applying a strange substance on my burn that made it disappear almost completely.

I thanked her and left the hospital wing, just to be greeted with the faces of all of my friends.

"Mars are you okay?"

"Are you okay Mars?"

"That was epic!"

"Brutal it was!"

"How did you do that?"

All of them bombed me.

"I'm okay guys" I finally said to them.

"Didn't I told you, you could do it" George told me with is signature smirk and raised eyebrow.

"You we're brilliant! Better than Cedric even!" Malcolm approached me.

"I can hear you just so you know" Cedric spoke but ended up being ignored.

"I'm so glad you're okay" he continued as he left a long kiss on my cheek. I found it a bit strange, he being so touchy suddently, but shrugged of the thought when I saw Fred in the back giving me a forced smile.

Fred's POV

All of them jumped on her as soon as she got out. I noticed that guy Malcolm was there too. I didn't really fancy his presence if you ask me, even Cedric was better.

He cuped her face in his hands and gave her a deep kiss on the cheek, I saw her notice me after. I forced a smile at her and she returned as her gaze turned to the others again.

"You okay Freddie?" Alicia asked beside me her hand locked with mine.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"