32. The kissing scene

"And then he told me to fuck off" I conceded to Draco, passing back and forth, the sound of my feet hitting the library's wooden floor as he sat casually on a chair flipping through pages of another romantic tragedy of his "Aren't you going to say anything?"

"What? I don't like the Weasleys, what do you want me to say? It's not my fault that you like him" he spoke with a smirk on his lips, his eyes meeting mine.

"U don- You think it's funny?! At least I don't live my life stuck in stupid romances"

"Hey hey don't turn this to me. If you wanna get angry go shout at that weasel" Draco laughted.

"Sorry. It's just frustrating and after what happened at the cup I can't take any risks. By the way what happened to you while that was going on?" I questioned finally sitting.

"You probably know my father's history. I got out of there as soon as possible" he said avoiding my gaze, now staring at the trees moving outside with the wind.

"I know we never spoke about this but... since your mother and Bellatrix are sisters..." I began but he interrupted.

"No no no, nothing like that. We haven't seen her in years, not even after she got out of prison" he blustered.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure"

"You can trust me Mars. We're friends, you're actually the one that cares about me the most, I wouldn't do that to you" he placed his hand above mine as his eyes locked in mine intensely "I can't believe I just said that" He let go of me and rested his back on the chair once more.

"You did. Wow"

"Uh don't start with that"

"It's time for lunch anyways. I'll go first" I told him. We always hung out in the back of the library in deep corners where no one went. And mostly in the mornings, I wasn't really considered a morning person so no one would suspect, although it was hard to wake up early just to hang out with him.

・❥・

"I'm not really feeling like going anymore Lee" I spoke as my tired body relaxed on my bed, my head falling off of it.

"Cmon Mars you'll have fun. Are you saying I'm not funny?" He spoke sassly with a hand on his chest. I groaned back.

"What's happening in here? Aren't we ready to go?" George was heard as his head snook through the door.

"She doesn't wanna go anymore. She thinks we're not funny"

"What? Mars Lupin, I. George Weasley. Am. Not. funny? You've hurt my feelings now" He got closer. I stuck my head deeper in the pillow that my hands grabbed.

"It's cold outside" my muffled mouth spoke.

"Then put on a coat. Let's go" he grabbed my feet and dragged me out of bed.

"You guys are so annoying. Aren't you going with your brother to the joke shop anyways?" I asked him.

"He's going on a date with Alicia" George said quietly "so I guess you'll have to complain about our presence Marsi" he smirked.

"What did you just call me Fabian?!" I got up and started to run after him, Lee catching up to us as his laughs echoed through the stairs and hallways.

Eventually I stopped running. George had much bigger legs than me, and energy. I panted heavily when Lee finally caught up and stood beside me handing me my jacket.

"Its not fair. Your legs are the size of towers" I panted.

"Do not insult my legs. If it weren't for them you'd be strangling me right now" George spoke as he joined us and I gave him a poke at the back of his head.