28. Emptiness

Weeks passed by. Me and Fred hadn't talked after arguing, neither George had spoke to me. But in the hallways, Fred didn't even dare to look at me, just like I didn't existed, unlike George that always shared a look with me, like he missed me, and I missed him as well as Fred, but he didn'thad to know.

I wasn't the one that had to apologise, he did. He was just to proud for it.

Quiddich had been canceled due to the tournament, so we didn't had practices or games that year, not for Oliver's happiness of course. At least I was grateful for not waking up at 5am with his screams on my face.

I began spending my time more with Cedric, and his friends consequently, although I didn't knew them that much. Sometimes I hung out with Neville and Luna in the woods, and my times at the library were with Draco.

Life was normal, but without them it seemed more sad, like an empty hole inside of me. But the announcement of the champions, sure was eventful.

Rewind in time

Everyone sat in the Great Hall. The goblet standed in the center of the room as Dumbledore weakened the flames around us. Now the blue flames illuminated the place.

Everyone looked expectantly at the goblet, and as Dumbledore touched it, it's flames became red and a little piece of parchment came out of it.

The first champion was announced: Viktor Krum.

Than the second: Fleur Delacour.

And what we thought was the last: Cedric Diggory.

The twins had tried to enter obviously, but it all was in vain, as they ended up in madam Pomfrey with big and white beards.

Everyone cheered with the three champions now announced. But as the Triwizard Cup was revealed the goblets flames became red again, and another piece of parchment appeared in Dumbledore's hands.

"Mars Lupin" he said loudly.

"What?! No. I-"

"Mars Lupin!" Dumbledore shouted as I slowly made my way to him. What the hell was happening?

Everyone looked at me and you could hear people talking about how I was a 'cheat' and 'not even seventeen'.

With the same pace, I scaredly walked through the same door the other champions did, feeling the stares and daggers on my back.

As I entered the room, the three champions stared at me confused, and I shared a nervous look with Cedric.

But there wasn't time for even a word as the teachers approached us arguing and screaming at each other.

"Mars did you put your name in the goblet of fire?!" Dumbledore asked harshly with his hands on my shoulders.

"I didn't sir" I answered stepping away from him, as he was too close.

"Did you ask someone to do it for you?!"

"No"

"Are you absolutely sure?!"

"Yes!" All of the interrogation just made me more anxious.

The teachers continued arguing. 'I was a liar' or 'I couldn't have possibly put my name in'. Dumbledore looked at me in disbelief.

'what the fuck is going on? Why the hell am I a champion?My life just couldn't get worse'

They all turned to Barty Crouch, in hope the situation could be canceled, and the champions could be only three, like it was supposed to.