CAPITOLO 36

<< C'mon Corine, you're safe! There's nothing to be scared about!>>, Paul is trying to touch her arm again, but Zayn cut him off, << Don't!>>.

And he places his hands on his shoulders; << She's in the middle of a panic attack! Ya can't say her that there's nothing to be scared about! It will only make things worse! And ya can't touch her if she doesn't agree first!>>.
I look back to Zayn with confused eyes. Paul and Harry do the same as he simply gestures us to move away and let him knees down in front of her.

So I stand up with the others hoping that at least he knows what he's doing, cause I can't see her like this any longer! Her eyes are completely lost and terrified as she looks around in pain. Her breath is heavier than ever and her shaking hands are pushing against her moving chest as if it hurts or something.

<< Corine...>>, Zayn put his hands on his legs and simply moves with his head towards her trying to capture her attention; << I'm Zayn... it's okay... I know ya're worried but ya gonna be okay!>>.

Her eyes finally place on him, but I'm not sure if she can hear him or at least understand who he really is.

<<I'm here to help ya Corine! But first, I need ya to tell me what's wrong...>>.

<< She can barely breath Zayn!!>> I can't stop myself from let my anxiety explode; << How can she possibly talk to you!?!>>.
<< I know what I'm doing man!!! Just stay back and do not scream!>>, he glares at me making me boiled and I can't decide whether it's because of his glare or the fact that I should be the one who should help her!

He turns back to face her and shows her his hands; << Corine, I'm not gonna hurt ya... i wanna help ya... okay?>>, he repeats and she nods weakly; << Good babe... now...can I touch your hand?>>.

What the hell is he doing?
He doesn't move and just repeats the question kindly; <<Can I touch your hand Corine?>>.

And when I'm about to tell him she can't fucking answer, she actually shakes her head breaking the eye contact with him.
<<Okay... I'm not gonna take your hand, look! I put my hands down, I won't touch ya... but I need to know what's wrong if I wanna help ya... can ya tell me babe?>>.

She shakes her head again and pushes her fists against her chest even harder than before.
<<Your chest is hurting?>>, he asks and she suddenly puts her wild eyes on his in surprise; <<Your chest is hurting and so do your stomach right?>>.

She nods confused and surprised at the same time; how does he knows all this stuff??
<<It's normal... they'll go away in a minute! I promise! Ya just need to breath with me, okay?>>.

He starts to make some long breaths and count them as she begins to do the same.
Her breath starts to slow and she closes her eyes for a moment to calm herself down.
In less than two minutes she finally stops shacking and her chest doesn't seem to hurt her anymore.
She rests her head against the elevator's wall and makes a last long and full breath before opening her hazel eyes.
<< Sorry...>>, she manages to say breathless and I can't stop myself!

<<Sorry?? What for?! This is not your fault Corine! I shouldn't have forgot about you! I knew you had problems with panic attacks and I left you behind anyway! This is all my fault and I'm so sorry! I'm an idiot and I'm really really sorry!>>.

<<Liam!>>, Zayn's hand is on my chest stopping me from getting even closer to her. I didn't notice I was on my knees in front of her until he stopped me.