Chapter 23: Mystery Deepens

At the Capsule Corporation, Bulma feeds the beaten Goku, Kagome, Vegeta, and Future Trunks each a Senzu Bean, and they wake up. Future Goten had explained what happened, and she was shocked. Even though she first met Future Mai unexpectedly when she thought maybe her future son had a girlfriend, she smirked, but Future Mai told her that they were friends. Apparently, the younger Trunks gained a crush on Future that made the younger Mai jealous but realized it was her from a future that Future Trunks was talking about.

However, while it was going, Goku jumped up and exclaimed, "Alright! I want another rematch!"

"I'm afraid not, Goku," Kagome said, sounding a bit weak. He spun around and saw her lying there as she looked a bit exhausted. "That won't be necessary if we go back to the future without those Senzu Beans."

"She's right, Goku. Now, this isn't a time. You guys need some rest immediately." Bulma agreed, sounding so mad.

"But we're completely fine, Bulma!" Goku wailed.

Kagome frowned at him. "We're serious, Goku." She argued, "We needed to surpass our strength, so we can be strong again. We definitely need a break for a while."

He nodded. "Okay, Kagome." He said, "Speaking of which, you guys, I forgot to use the bathroom before we left."

Vegeta sighed annoyingly. "You're unbelievable, Kakarot."

"Sorry, you guys. That was my fault." Goku said nervously.

"Idiot!" Bulma exploded in anger.

"So you guys didn't defeat Black?" Trunks changed the subject.

They shook their heads. Trunks were surprised.

"So Black still won even when it was all eight of you against him?"

"Well, we weren't just fighting Black." Future Trunks replied.

"What?"

"Are you telling us he's got an Allie now?" Bulma questioned surprisingly as the Pilaf Gang gasped in shock, especially Trunks.

"But who?" Mai asked.

"It's Zamasu." Future Mai confessed.

"Zamasu was there." Future Trunks said.

"And we have to fight both of them." Future Shippo pointed it out.

"Wait, wasn't he Zamasu guy? The Supreme Kai in training?" Bulma asked.

"Exactly, Bulma," Kagome said, pointing it out.

"I thought he was good alright like the other Kais." Goku replied, spinning around and facing his best friend while frowning, "But he's an enemy and a strong one."

"That's weird. You guys thought he's Black, but he's working with him instead." Trunks said as he placed his hand on his chin and glanced his eyes down.

Vegeta stared out the window. "Once more, he's invincible." When he told the others, everyone flinched.

"Invincible!?" The Pilaf exclaimed in shock.

"So does it mean he can't be hurt?" He asked, concerned.

"Indeed." Kagome said, nodding her head, "He's likely a God."

"Not even deities are supposed to be invincible," Bulma replied with a sweatdropped.

"Yeah, and that's not the only problem either." He declared with a glaring look, "Black had already figured out a ridiculous new level of Super Saiyan."

"What? He's a Super Saiyan!?" Trunks blinked.

"What level did he reach?" Bulma asked.

"Super Saiyan Rosé." Kagome interrupted who was no longer exhausted as she stood up and frowned at the others. They admitted that she looked okay now after the Senzu Bean has treated her.

"Rosé!? So of all the names for what you're implying is the fiercest level ever reached, he weights with Super Saiyan Rosé like on purpose?"

"Let's go!" Goku determined proudly, "We've got to get back there."

"But, Dad, we just got here." Future Goten said with a sweatdrop.

"Yeah, and you even have a plan." Future Shippo snapped.

"How do you intend to defeat an enemy whose body does not sustain damage?" Vegeta questioned him.

"Come on, we'll think of something!" Goku said.

"Think of what, you imbecile!? There's no way we would think of our plan!" He argued.

Then he moved his lips into a smirk. "Then maybe we'll become invincible, too!"

Everyone was confused. They all stared at Goku while standing there, exclaiming.

"Wait a second. What do you mean by that?"

"You really think that's impossible?" Future Trunks asked with a sweatdrop.

"Yeah. You betcha! We just need to bring it all-you-can-eat buffet of Senzu Bean." Goku said smoothly. Then the others are visibly dumbfounded and Kagome sweatdropped.

"Where the hell are you gonna find that Senzu Beans?" Vegeta argued when a to irk appeared from his forehead in anger.

"Oh, and this guy who forgot all of them on the toilet!" Bulma exploded in annoyance.

"Well, obviously I won't forget them this time!" Goku argued back. Then Bulma started to complain when Kagome sighed in annoyance with a sweatdrop.

***

Meanwhile, back in the feudal era, Inuyasha Gang, minus Kagome and Shippo, decided to catch some fish while Inuyasha went to go and get firewood. When he came back, Kikyo was starting the fire and Miroku began cooking the fish. Inuyasha noticed how quiet Miroku and Sango were. It began to irritate him for some strange reason. He also began to notice Miroku hasn't been touching Sango lately. It felt odd to him.

"Okay, you guys, why are you all so quiet?" Inuyasha asked curiously. Miroku and Sango remained silent as they sat on the other side of the campfire while they ate their catch and sat next to each other against a tree.

"Why should we tell you, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked, giving him a look.

"Because we're teammates and you guys have to tell me everything. That's why. If you guys want to tell me, tell me. Okay?" Inuyasha said.

"We don't have to tell you everything, Inuyasha," Sango said.

Inuyasha groaned, annoyingly. "Fine." To his point of view; he realized they missed Kagome and Shippo. He actually missed them as well. He wished he shouldn't anger Kagome without telling her that he let Kikyo join the group. He does care about her. Even though, he never returned his feelings for her. He only loved Kikyo.

However, when he didn't know why his two friends were quiet, that is because their guess about Kagome and Shippo leaving the feudal era was because of Kikyo. Even though Sango never liked Kikyo, she was always so dark and creepy, not to mention that she was always in a sour mood when Inuyasha wasn't looking. Miroku was thinking the same thing about Kikyo as well. He kept sensing a dark aura around her. He felt sorry for Kagome, the other half of her soul was taunted by another. He couldn't believe Inuyasha was too blind to see that Kikyo was not the same woman he knew fifty years ago.