Chapter 54: Reunion

Kagome and the gang went along the road to the Edo Village to go to the Bone-Eater's well. Eventually, she knew that she'll have to face Inuyasha, which was something that she wasn't looking forward to. She knew he won't be happy about Sesshomaru, Koga, and Kanna joining the pack. But, she knew that Sango will finally be reunited with her younger brother Kohaku, and she'll be happy to see him again.

When they arrived at the entrance, Vegeta stopped when he noticed Kagome looked a bit nervous, so he went out asking her to do a strange request. She could see a grin look on his face, which something came up with Vegeta's evil plan, not that he was evil.

"Kagome," Vegeta responded with a kind smile, "Could you say 'sit boy'?"

"Why?" Kagome asked in confusion.

"Because I noticed that you've been feeling a little bit stressed, so I thought if you say 'sit boy', then you'll feel better. Say it with all the stress that you've been holding in." He suggested.

"O-Okay..." She stuttered, sounded a bit nervous. Then Kagome cleared her throat and said in a booming voice, shouting, "SIT BOY!"

Furthermore, they heard a yelp and a huge thud up ahead. They looked to the side of Kagome and saw Inuyasha face down and unconscious in a very deep crater with steam coming out.

"Feel better?" Vegeta asked, grinning.

"Yep," Kagome said, smirking with arms crossed but a bit surprised.

"So shall we be on our way?" Bulma asked with suggestions, changing the subject at hand.

"Good idea," Kagome said as Goku nodded with agreement and they passed by the unconscious half-demon dog and walked into the Edo Village.

***

"Kagome! Shippo!"

The two saw Sango, Kirara, and Miroku coming their way towards them as they were heading to Kaede's hut. The first one to hug her was Sango. Kagome could tell she could feel her trembling as she held her tightly. Kirara rubbed her head near her ankle.

"It's great to see you again, Lady Kagome and Shippo." Miroku cried out happily as he joined the embrace.

"Guys." Kagome let out, her icy blue eyes softening.

"Well, it turns out Kikyo has put an enchantment on Inuyasha," Miroku smirked.

"I know, I saw one of Kikyo's memories when I got the other half of my soul back," Kagome replied, grinning. Then she saw the way Miroku and Sango had guilty looks on their faces.

"Don't worry, everyone. I forgive you all." Kagome murmured with a smile. The demon slayer squeezed the young priestess even tighter. Then Shippo jumped off Kagome's shoulder and landed in Miroku's arms. He climbed up and hugged the young monk around his neck. Miroku gave a small smile as he hugged the little kit.

"We missed you two so much." Sango cried out happily.

"Sango, can't breathe." Kagome wheezed, pointing it out.

"Sorry." Sango chuckled with a smile as she stopped hugging her.

"Sis," Kohaku called out. Sango looked behind Kagome and saw Kohaku standing there.