Chapter 8: Healing A Broken Heart

One night at Lord Beerus's World, after Goku taught Kagome hand-to-hand combat, they sat on the soft grass in relaxation. Shippo was asleep behind the tree. Otherwise, Kagome glanced down, feeling a bit sad. Goku noticed there was something wrong with her. He wondered why Kagome acted that way after they trained together was just fun.

He began to scoot closely to Kagome. He knew she didn't mind at all, but she gladly to sat next to him. "Hey, Kagome. Is something wrong? You look sad. Did I do something wrong?"

Kagome smiled at him. It was just that... um, well, it was just that I'm glad someone cares about me."

"Of course, I care about you, Kagome. You're my friend," Goku said, smiling.

Vegeta glanced his eyes at them. "Is there something you want to tell us?"

She sighed at that. She nodded in response. "I could tell. Yes, there's something I should tell you about how I look sad."

"Sure, tell us, Kagome," Goku said.

"And you can tell us everything you want. Besides, we want to know about how you and Shippo came from the feudal era," Whis said, smiling.

"Okay, Lady Midoriko, the creator of the Shikon Jewel had sent us to Universe 7," Kagome explained.

"I see. Is she a God or a priestess?" Beerus asked.

"She's a priestess. And she's also a creator of the Shikon Jewel of Four Souls. There are a lot of Jewel shards around in this world because it was sent into Universe 7 and it was never been found in the feudal era," Kagome said.

"Really? Is that why you and Shippo came here right before I met you guys?" Goku asked, curiously.

She nodded. "Midoriko avoided us for being found by my old groups."

Vegeta was confused. "Your old group?"

"Do you mean you guys left them? What happened? What do they look like?" Goku asked, his brow arched.

"Well, my old group has Inuyasha who is a half-demon dog, Miroku who is a monk with a dark void in his right hand, and Sango who is the last demon slayer of her village and her best friend is a two-tailed fire-nekomata named Kirara," Kagome explained. Goku blinked his eyes as he realized she had missed her friends. He doesn't blame her for that. He wasn't an idiot at all.

"Why did you leave the group right before Midoriko sent you and Shippo to Universe 7?" Goku asked.

"Inuyasha invited Kikyo into the group without telling me," Kagome said.

"Who's Kikyo?" Vegeta asked.

She took a big sigh with a sweatdrop. "Well, I got a lot of explaining to tell you guys, but it's a long story."

"Alright, tell us," Beerus said, crossing his arms across his chest.

Flashback

Kagome came back from the modern era. She was looking forward to seeing Inuyasha and the others again. It's been two weeks since she stayed home doing her school work, but gladly, she had graduated from high school before she got to go back to the feudal era and continued to travel with Inuyasha and their friends. It's been four years since she first arrived when she was younger.

She brought the locket necklace from her pocket. It was a gift for Inuyasha. She couldn't wait to give it to her own best friend until Shippo arrived to see her.

"Kagome, you're back!" Shippo exclaimed happily.

"Hey, Shippo," Kagome greeted him. She felt being wrapped in the neck by Shippo's small arms. "I missed you. How is everyone?"