Chapter 42: Soulmates Bond

Kagome opened her eyes and found herself in a familiar room in the Capsule Corp. She was lying in a hospital bed with a clean bed of sheets and blanket. She remembers now. Of course, she remembered everything!

Kagome remembered when she got kidnapped by Yamcha for having revenge on Vegeta who has taken his woman away, but she was rescued by Goku and the others. Then she remembered how Bulma got a miscarriage by her ex-boyfriend until Kagome has given it a second chance which heals Bulma and the unborn baby with her spiritual power. After that, Kagome and the others had defeated Yamcha after she distracted him with a sacred arrow until they could finish him off. Finally, the last thing she remembered was after defeating the Fallen Z Fighter, she became lifeless after she had recovery healed Vegeta's heart from a virus with exhaustion.

"Oh, good. You're awake." A familiar kind voice said. Kagome turned her head and saw it was Whis who was sitting next to her.

"Oh, hey, Whis..." Kagome said, sounding a bit sick but feeling tired and sore, "How long have you been watching me asleep this whole time?"

"Well, Goku and Bulma asked me to watch over you while you were asleep. They were figuring out what to do with Yamcha after you and the others had defeated him. I must say I am very impressed with your skills, Kagome. I still want you as my apprentice."

She chuckled. "Yeah, you should."

Then she heard the door to the room open. Goku, Bulma, and Vegeta walked into the room, relieved that Kagome was finally awake. Goku was the first person who rushed towards her and embraced her.

"Kagome, you're awake! I thought you'll be in sleep forever." Goku cried out as he kept embracing her. Kagome couldn't insist but embrace back, wrapping her arms around his back. She chuckled at that.

"Well, I'm here now, Goku, so I can't be asleep forever," Kagome replied. They stopped hugging after a minute.

"Mama!" They heard a familiar child cry out when they turned around and saw it was Shippo was running towards her. He leaped at her chest then he wrapped his small arms around her neck while embracing her. Kagome embraced him back.

"Mama, are you okay!? Did that mean old Yamcha hurt you!? I heard what happened!" Shippo cried out more when she saw his eyes are forming with tears.

She rubbed his back and tell him, "It's okay, Shippo. I'm okay now. I'm here for you, no matter now. I will never leave your side again. I wanted to thank my friends for saving me."

Goku giggled with a bare teeth smile. "No problem, Kags!"

"Anytime, Kagome," Vegeta said, smirking at her.

"And I also want to thank you for saving my unborn baby and healing my husband. You were the best friend in a whole world." Bulma said happily. She then hugged Kagome with gratitude, so she hugged Bulma back.

After she was done hugging, she began to question them, "Do you guys know what happened to Yamcha?"

"We sent him to Krillin's Police Station, so we let Yamcha's best friend Puar know about what happened," Bulma said.

"Well we feel bad for telling Puar about this, but I'm sure he'll get on with it," Goku said sadly.

"Or maybe we'll give him company, that way he won't be sad and lonely after Yamcha was sent to jail," Bulma suggested, pointing it out.

"Great idea! Oh, and I didn't tell you about Puar, right?" Goku exclaimed.

Kagome shook her head.

"Puar is a shapeshifting animal that is Yamcha's lifelong best friend. He's a cat and flies around while hanging around with Yamcha."

"I see. So does he know about Yamcha's problem?" Kagome asked.