Chapter 12: Friends and Alies

Future Trunks and Kagome stood and stared at the time machine that wasn't destroyed. He was glad that Kagome was here for them. He is also glad that she and Shippo arrive in Universe 7.

"I'm glad the time machine wasn't destroyed, right?" Kagome sighed in relief.

"I'll say. I still want to thank you for mange to block his ki. You must be very strong." Future Trunks said, smiling.

"Well, I'm not that strong, Trunks. I just noticed Black was about to destroy it, so I have to block his ki to protect it." Kagame said.

"Kagome!"

The two of them spun around and saw the Pilaf Gang running towards her excitedly.

"Oh, hi there, guys." Kagome greeted them kindly.

"Kagome, how did you do that?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah! You are the fast one!" Mai exclaimed.

"You should teach us! I, Pilaf, want to know about your abilities!" Pilaf said.

Kagome chuckled nervously with a sweatdrop. "Well, I managed to use my katana to block the ki to protect the time machine. That's why I learned to be swordsmanship."

"Cool!" Mai exclaimed excitedly as Future Trunks chuckled.

"Alright, you three. You guys should go out and play with Trunks. I have some other times with him." Kagome said, glancing her icy blue eyes at Future Trunks which made him blush a bit.

"Alright, My Lady," Pilaf said as he and his henchmen headed in different directions.

"So, Trunks, since the time machine was saved, would you mind taking a walk with me? I need to know everything about how you first know me from the future." Kagome said.

He sighed as he nodded. "Yeah, I suppose so."

***

"So, Trunks. How do you know about me and Shippo?" Kagome asked.

"Well, I've known you for a long time ago. I've heard about what happened to you. You were killed by Goku Black before he destroyed the whole city in my timeline." Future Trunks explained.

"He... killed me? Why did Black kill me?" Kagome asked curiously.

"I'm not sure, but since the day he appeared, he said he would 'annihilate the Earthlings for the sake of justice', then proceeded to cause worldwide destruction, having already destroyed several planets and their inhabitants after you were killed." Future Trunks continued.

"Was I in your timeline?"

He shook his head. "I'm not sure, but I first arrived here when I had to fight off these Androids before Goku died of saving the Earth from Cell before you two first appeared."

"So... me and I weren't there?" Kagome asked.

"You two aren't there before you guys first appeared here."

"Hm, about that. I was thinking... what if Goku Black appears here and then killed me? What if he traveled through time and then destroyed your timeline with a Time Ring? I'm not sure what his origin was." She murmured.

"I agree with you fully with that, Kagome. But I know it was impossible when he's been using a Time Ring to travel through time."

Kagome frowned at that. She was thinking of what Goku Black had become because of his origin. Did Goku become Goku Black? She doesn't even know that, but she remembered what Midoriko told her that he has teamed up with 'this Zamasu'. Got to admit, Goku Black must be cold-blooded when he told her that he will get her, but let's see about that.

She heard a sigh from Future Trunks. "I missed Mom and Mai. I could've saved them from Black. As I made a promise to Mom, I'll go back to the future and then save the world from Black. It's the only way to defeat him."

"Once again, Trunks. I'm sorry for your loss. We can still go back in time, so we can find a way to stop him." Kagome said, "Never give up. Stay strong."

Future Trunks then smiled. "Thank you, Kagome."

"Kagome!" It was Mai who called out her name. They spun around and saw her running towards her.

"Hey, Mai." Kagome greeted, smiling.

"Kagome, is it alright if we can play with Shippo? He looks like a fox."

She nodded. "Of course, Mai. You can make Shippo your new friend."

Future Trunks suddenly blinked his eyes. "Mai? Is that your name?"

Mai was confused. "Yeah, that's my name. What's it to you?"

"Wow! I thought it was you!" Future Trunks exclaimed as he held onto her small hand Mai blushes a bit. "I thought you looked similar."

Mai blushed heavily as Kagome couldn't help but chuckle. To her point of view: she noticed Future Trunks must have a crush on Mai from the future."

"Well... I was in the future, too?" Mai asked.

"Yes, you were." Future Trunks replied.

"What happened to my future self?" Mai asked again.

He didn't reply as his smile faded away into sadness.

"Please tell me about my future self." She pleaded with him.

"Well, in the future..."

***

With his story finished after what happened to Mai, Kagome couldn't believe Black had killed her in front of Future Trunks. It was just a sad story. However, Future Trunks stood up, feeling sorrow in his expression.

"You mean me in the future..."

"Yeah. Sadly, she was killed. But I want to help any way I can to go back to the future." Future Trunks vowed bravely.

"Perhaps I'll go with you, Trunks. I could help you defeat Black." Kagome responded as she smiled, "Come on, Trunks. Let's go out and train. We need to be stronger."

"But do you know how to do hand-to-hand combat?" Future Trunks asked.

"Perhaps so, but I needed more training than that. Otherwise, I need to learn more about hand-to-hand, but I still have my sacred arrow and my katana. I learn how to fight." Kagome said.

"Maybe you need my help." They heard a voice in someone's direction. They spun around and saw it was Goku who first responded.

Future Trunks sweatdropped in shock. "Where did you...?"

"I thought you went off training in King Kai's place," Kagome said.

"You've been stressed out, Trunks, ever since you've landed and that's understandable."

"Um... can you train me again, Goku? Like we did at Lord Beerus' planet?" Kagome asked curiously.

Goku smiled. "Sure, Kagome." He said as he spun around, "You should get some rest, Trunks. You've been exhausted from your energy."

Future Trunks nodded. "Okay, Goku."

"So, come on, Kagome. Let's go out and train." Goku said happily before he took her hand and then teleported to the place.