Chapter 10: A Message From A Future, Goku Black Appears

At Capsule Corp, Bulma was analyzing the time machine as Pilaf planned to use the time machine to pick up some money he dropped a long time ago, but Bulma slapped his hand away from the controls, telling him that the time machine has no fuel, realizing that even Future Trunks cannot return to his own time. She was flustered by how her future counterpart thought as she found a notebook in the time machine.

Right now, Kagome and Shippo were with the others as Future Trunks brought something for them. She noticed he was bringing the familiar shining fragments. It was the Shikon Jewel shards. The three pieces of the shards with Future Trunks' left bare hand.

"Here, Kagome, I want you to have it," Future Trunks said, handing it to her.

Kagome stared at it. "The shards. Where did you get it?"

"My mother wanted to give it to you right before she was killed. I want you to have it and purify it."

"Why, Trunks?" Kagome asked curiously.

"Because you're the Shikon Priestess. You're the only one who can protect it," Future Trunks said.

She smiled. "Thank you."

"You were kind, Trunks," Shippo said.

Then Goku and the others approached and saw Future Trunks had given it to Kagome. Goku began to speak to him, "So what kind of trouble are we talking about?"

"Don't tell me. Is it Majin Buu?" Vegeta asked, sounding a bit mad.

"No, not him," he responded. "I already doubt that threat. It was a tough battle and I barely made it, but I was lucky. Supreme Kai warned me and helped me fight. It's a long story and there were losses, but ultimately I defeated de Bora and Bobbity and stuffed boo from hatching. But our peace was short-lived after that an even more terrifyingly fool appeared."

Everyone was shocked. Trunks, the little boy, gasped in shock. Kagome was in a bit of shock as well. Vegeta blinked his black eyes.

"Someone's worst! So tell us who is he?" Goku asked.

Future Trunks bowed down to him. "I'm sorry that I swung at you earlier, Goku," he apologized to the Saiyan, "but what I'm trying to tell you is... well, there was a reason I attacked you."

"You were just rattled. Don't worry about it!" Goku exclaimed as he raised his left hand towards him.

"No, you don't understand! It was more than that when I saw you, I thought my escape through time had failed and I was still seeing him," Future Trunks said.

Goku was shocked with eyes widening and sweatdrops. "Um... still seeing who?"

"Oh, spit it out! Who was it?" Vegeta snapped.

Kagome interrupted, "I know what you mean, Trunks. You were talking about Goku Black."

"Goku Black!?" Goku and Vegeta asked in surprise.

Future Trunks was shocked. "How did you know?"

"Well, when Shippo and I have to go back to the feudal era, we both encountered Lady Midoriko, the creator of the Shikon Jewel of Four Souls. She explained to us who Black is. He is the person who wanted to create the Project Zero Mortals in Future Trunks' timeline," Kagome explained.

"Exactly, Kagome." Future Trunks pointed it out with a frown. "That foe told us that he was Goku, but we all have to call him Goku Black."

"Wait! You were saying this enemy threatening your future who looks exactly like Kakarot and claims to be him, too!?" Vegeta asked, pointing at Goku.