Chapter 11: The Closed Path to the Future

"I see..." Goku Black responded as he stared at the silver ring on his finger. "It was time travel."

Kagome and the others stared with a glaring looks as she heard the panic from the Pilaf gang. Everyone was shocked, except Bulma. She now realized what Future Trunks has been talking about.

"They do alike," Bulma said, sounding a bit impressed. Trunks looked shocked and terrified, but he wasn't so scared at all. He was surprised. Vegeta frowned, doing nothing but cross his arms across his chest.

Krillin stared. "Who is that guy?"

"He's Goku Black, the copy of Son Goku," Kagome said, glaring.

Piccolo blinked. "What?"

"How do you know?" Krillin asked, hoping she wasn't the one who works with 'the other Goku'.

"Midoriko told me before me and Shippo first arrived here." She declared.

Whis and Beerus were sitting there and doing nothing. The two of them watched as Whis noticed something was shining on Goku Black's ring. Nobody saw it, except Kagome who already saw it in her own eyes.

"Lord Beerus, please take a look at his right hand." Whis ordered as Beerus narrowed his eyes and saw a silver ring.

"That's..." Beerus muttered, frowning.

"Yeah."

"That must be the Time Ring that Goku Black was carrying," Kagome said, pointing it out.

"How do you know what the Time Ring is, Kagome?" Whis asked curiously.

She chuckled with a sweatdrop as she placed her hands on the back of her head. "Well... I just read the book at Goku's house before I met you guys."

"So, do you know what is it?" Beerus asked.

She nodded. "Yes. The Time Rings are accessories of the Supreme Kai which enable them to travel through time. They are normally used to observe future events in their main timeline."

"Hmm, I would say I'm impressed with you reading this book, Kagome. You should be my student." This suggested happily.

Kagome blinked. "Wh-what!?"

When they were done talking, she noticed Goku Black looked around and recognized Vegeta and Beerus as the God of Destruction.

"It seems like something strange is going on," Whis said as he watched Goku Black from the sky.

"Just who is that guy?" Beerus asked lazily.

"You bastard!" Future Trunks interrupted as he yelled from Goku Black's direction above. "How did you come here!?"

Goku Black smirked. "I came through the same path in space-time that you went through. Perhaps you called me here... to die by my hand."

Future Trunks gritted his teeth sharply before he was about to attack him, but Vegeta stopped him, saying he cannot beat him. Vegeta and Kagome saw Goku immediately fly up and confronted Goku Black, excited to fight him.

"You do look just like me!" Goku exclaimed excitedly.

He chuckled, smirking evilly. "How are you, Goku?"

Goku smirked back when he was ready to fight. "I don't know what sorta person you are, but I heard you're strong. So take me on."

Kagome and the others stared at them before Goku Black replied an honor." He said, "I also want to fight you in this body."

Goku was confused. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"There's no need for you to understand that." Goku Black said, firing a Ki Blast at Goku, who blocked it but was pushed back to a deserted rocky area.

Kagome and Shippo are worried.

"What's with that guy?" Piccolo asked, concerning.

"That guy is my enemy," Bulma said as everyone was confused and shocked.

"Your enemy?"

"It means someone had killed her future self from the future," Kagome told the Namekian.

"What?" Piccolo blinked.

"Come on, guys. We got to go help Goku, or else things might get worse." Kagome said as she picked Shippo up and then placed him on her shoulder. Kagome, Shippo, and Piccolo, along with Future Trunks, Vegeta, and Krillin all fly away to watch the fight. 

Beerus smirked. "So... this is Son Goku vs Goku Black, right? This is rather interesting."

As they made it to the two fights, Krillin pointed out that Goku Black's ki keeps increasing. Future Trunks wonders why Goku was not using the power he used to defeat him and Vegeta informed him that Goku has a bad habit of not fighting seriously at the beginning. 

When the portal keeps convulsing, Goku Black was distracted by some feelings and Goku kicked him back to Capsule Corporation. Goku Black was unfazed, claiming that every blow he was dealt made him stronger and power-ups even further and knocked Goku away. The force from the attack knocked over the time machine, which Goku Black then recognized.

Goku immediately attacked back and the two exchanged punches, but Goku Black started to feel the same pain again as the time portal started to pull him back. Goku powered down and asked, "What's going on?"

Goku Black was surprised and angry that the temporal distortion Trunks' time machine created was correcting itself, thus the time portal was pulling him back to the future. Not willing to go down without a final disrespect to Trunks, Black fired an energy blast at the time machine, but Kagome managed to block the blast with her powerful sword that she could build up with her spiritual power.

Everyone was surprised to see how Kagome had saved the time machine from Goku Black's blast. Future Trunks was relieved.

"Grrr, you stupid priestess! I'll get you when I come back!" Goku Black yelled before he was sucked into the portal then sent him back to Future Trunks' timeline.

Kagome smirked. "Not for long, Black."

"Okay... that's a new one," Krillin said awkwardly.

"I'm not sensing his energy," Piccolo said. "It was almost as if he completely vanished."

"Goku Black's Time Ring responded to the temporal distortion created by Future Trunks' trip and thus brought him to the past. However, he was forced back to the alternate timeline when the distortion fixed itself." Kagome told the others made them impressed how she was smart. Except for Goku that he was surprised curiously.

"Does it mean that he ran out of his time?" Krillin asked.

Kagome nodded. "Yes. Which he never came back."

"Kagome!" Future Trunks yelled out her name as he flew towards her. Kagome didn't know what happens next. She saw him holding onto her left hand gently as he appreciated her help. "I want to thank you for protecting the time machine. I'm really glad it doesn't destroy."

She smiled. "You're welcome, Trunks. Now let's go back to the others." She watched Future Trunks nod in response before the others headed back to the city.

***

Meanwhile, Black emerged from the portal, surprised he was spat back out into the future.

"So I'm back to the future?" Goku Black asked himself as he clutches his chest in pain and fell to the ground.

While lying there, Black lamented his chance of killing Future Trunks has been wasted but is satisfied that he got some results as he has embedded Goku's fighting style and power, including the power of a Super Saiyan, into his own.

He looked up at the portal, which finally closed for good.

"No... it looks like I won't be able to go back there again." Goku Black said himself but got up and levitated into the air, "As for Kagome, I will get her next time until we meet again. I will make sure she will be mine."