Chapter 6

What the hell am I supposed to do for a whole month?! I don't even have a place to live. Usually I would just sleep in a tree or something, but there are no trees! Im in the mountains! I guess I could just sleep on a bench somewhere in the village. No, can't do that either. If someone were to see me, they could tell Pr. Shakasu. That would probably effect my enrollment into the academy or worse, he tell me to live with him.

       I can't just go to an apartment building and ask to live there for free. I guess that means I have to get a job. Great. On the bright side, I'll have something to do for a month.

       Its about 2pm right now. Its still early which means I don't have to wait til tomorrow to find a job. I start roaming around the village to see what I could do. After about 30 minutes of searching, I come across a small café with a Help Wanted sign. It'll do.

       I walk into the café to find a few villagers eating food or drinking tea. It was quiet with a few slight conversations in the background. This is peaceful. I would love to work here. I walk up to the counter and see a teenage girl, around the age of 15 or 16. She was looking down and writing something in a small notebook so she didn't notice me approaching.

(Y/n): "Excuse me?"

Girl: *Jumps* "Ah!"

(Y/n): "Are you okay?"

Girl: "Oh. Yes, I'm sorry. You just startled me as all. What can I get for you.?"

(Y/n): "Im actually here about the help wanted sign."

Girl: "Oh, Great! Wait right here for just a moment."

       She left then came back within 2 minutes.

Girl: "The owner is out on her lunch break. She should be back in just a few minutes. You can wait here if you'd like."

(Y/n): "Thanks."

Girl: "Can I get you anything?"

(Y/n): " Thats okay. I don't have any money."

Girl: "Don't worry about it, on me. Tea?"

(Y/n): "Really? Sure, thanks."

Girl: "My names Mizuni by the way."

(Y/n): "(Y/n). Nice to meet you."

       She then hands me a cup of steaming hot tea.

(Y/n): "Thank you."

Mizuni: "No problem. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, whats with the mask?"

(Y/n): "Not at all. I guess it makes me feel safe, you know? I had a rather unpleasant experience awhile back. Since then I just don't like to show my face."

Mizuni: "Then how do you plan on drinking the tea?"

(Y/n): "Like this." *Takes a sip of tea through mask* "My mask is very convenient. Its thin so liquid can easily go through it. It also dries pretty quickly."

Mizuni: *Disappointed* "I can see that. I have another question for you."

(Y/n): "Shoot." *Sips*

Mizuni: "Do you have a girlfriend?"

(Y/n): *Chokes* "Woah! *Cough* Were did that-*Cough* -come from?!"

Mizuni: *Giggles* "Just curious."

(Y/n): "Jeez that came out of nowhere. No, I don't. I think I'm to young to have a girlfriend."

Mizuni: "Wait, how old are you?"

(Y/n): "Almost 9. Why?"

Mizuni: "..."

(Y/n): "..."