Chapter 22

Before Hanabi came to my room last night, I was afraid that I was going to have another nightmare about her. I was not looking forward to another night of shitty rest. But I guess the thought faded away while she was with me.

       This morning I wake up just how I fell asleep, with her in my arms. I slowly open my eyes and see that she's still asleep. A small strip of her hair was covering her face. I carefully move my arm, making sure not to disturb her, and move the hair out of her face. Wow. She's beautiful.

       After starring for a few seconds, I start to get up. She was lying on my left arm. I slowly started to pull my arm out from under her until she rolled over, facing the opposite direction, letting my arm free. I got of the bed and went to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and see that I was still wearing my mask. It's usually uncomfortable to sleep with it on, but once again, she's just too much of a distraction.

       I then hear a knock on the bedroom door. I exit the bathroom and see that Hanabi is still sleeping. I open the door to Mifune with a warm smile.

Mifune: "Good morning (Y/n), I hope that-..."

       He then seems to see Hanabi asleep in the bed.

Mifune: "Oh, I apologize. If I had known that you two were a couple I could have provided you a bigger room."

(Y/n): "Huh? Oh! We're not a couple, just...friends."

Mifune: "Ah, well in any case I do hope you enjoyed your time here. The temple has provided breakfast in the dining room."

(Y/n): "Thank you Mifune. You have showed us nothing but kindness and hospitality since we arrived. I will definitely make sure to inform lord Hokage of your generosity."

Mifune: "Im just great full that shinobi and samurai are interacting with each other more. But unfortunately this will be the last time I will be seeing the both of you. I have important business I must tend to in the East. Give Hanabi my regards."

(Y/n): "Of coarse. Thanks again."

       He smiled and walked away. When I shut the door and turn around, I see Hanabi starting to sit up.

(Y/n): "Morning, how'd you sleep?"

Hanabi: "Fine..."

       She seemed off.

(Y/n): "Something wrong?"

Hanabi: "It nothing, I was just thinking about something. Im gonna go shower and get ready to go."

(Y/n): "I'll do the same. Oh, by the way, Mifune stopped by just a minute ago to let us know that he was leaving. He didn't want to wake you so he told me to tell you that he gives his regards."

Hanabi: "Thanks."

(Y/n): "Also, they prepared breakfast in the dining room."

Hanabi: "Alright, I'll be ready in a bit."

       She then left to go to her room. I then took a quick shower and put on my uniform. After about 20 minutes I gathered the rest of my things and left the room. Hanabi came out at the same time.

(Y/n): "Im good to go, you?"

Hanabi: "Yep."

Samurai: "I will take you two to the dining room."

       He took us down some stairs and into a big room with multiple tables. A bunch of samurai were there eating as well. We got our food and ate for about 30 minutes. After that, we thanked the samurai for their hospitality and started making our way to the train station.