Chapter 17

Today is round 2 of the Chunin Exams. Yesterday Akiri showed excellent perception and resolve, while Riyoko showed impressive chakra control.

       Right now, it's around 11AM. I should start heading towards the Hokage's building. Im glad that Im able to view the exams. I remember when I took the exams, they were very strict with the privacy. That was mainly because the villages were still fighting each other. They didn't want hidden techniques getting in the hands of other villages. Fortunately, in today's day and age, the villages are at peace and prefer to share their techniques to better relationships of shinobi.

       I soon make it to the building and the viewing room. I walk in to see the same people from yesterday as well as Hanabi sitting in the same spot. Her back was turned so I would probably unintentionally scare her again. I walk to the couch.

(Y/n): "Hey Hanabi."

       And just like I thought, she jumped.

Hanabi: "Seriously?! Again?!"

(Y/n): "My bad. Its not like I do it on purpose."

Hanabi: "Yeah but I know you still find it amusing."

(Y/n): "What? No I don't."

Hanabi: *Glare*

(Y/n): "Okay maybe a little."

       I then sit at the other end of the couch. It seemed like she was closer than yesterday, but not by much. It's probably just a coincidence.

(Y/n): "So, you got any idea what round 2 is about?"

Hanabi: "Actually yeah. Tenten told me it was going to be a Capture the Flag team battle."

(Y/n): "Isn't she the one who runs the ninja tools shop in the middle of the village?"

Hanabi: "Thats her."

(Y/n): "I didn't know she was a shinobi."

Hanabi: "She's a weapons expert. She specializes in summoning ninja tools using scrolls."

(Y/n): "Akiri has been doing something like that recently. But instead of scrolls, he uses cards. He's been getting pretty good at it actually."

Hanabi: "You should have him talk to Tenten. She could possibly help him perfect it."

       The TV then showed an abandoned urban area. On one of the roofs of the buildings, was all the Genin that passed the first round along with Tenten standing in front of them.

Tenten: "Round 2 is all about capturing the flag. Guard you flag while you infiltrate enemy territory to get theirs. In short, this battle is both offensive and defensive. Now, its 3 on 3 so half the teams will be dropped. Alright teams, get to your areas."

       Just then the screen switched to two camera feeds. On the left side, the camera showed a rooftop with a red vertical flag on a post in the ground. On the right was the same but a different rooftop and a flag that was white. It looks like they are doing this one at a time.

       Up first was the Ino-Shika-Cho team against a team of Mist Genin. Im pretty sure the woman with the weird hairstyle behind us was their team captain because she was cheering throughout the whole match. The match resulted in Cho-Cho growing massive and grabbing the flag. Looks like her mother, acts like her father. The next match was Hanabi's team.

Hanabi: "Looks like they're going up against a team from the Hidden Cloud. You know them?"

(Y/n): "Nope. Never seen them around the village. But I can tell they're skilled."