Chapter 11

*14 YEARS LATER*

       After all these years, why do I still feel lost? I became a Jonin a few months after the war, and ever since, I feel as if something is missing. But I just don't know what it is. Theres nothing left for me to achieve. Except for becoming the Raikage, but I definitely don't want that.

       When lord 4th stepped down, Darui became the 5th Raikage. Ever since hes had no time for anything but work. We used to hang out whenever he wasn't helping lord 4th, but now he barely has time to sleep. Definitely not a job for me.

       Ever since the end of war, all the 5 great nations have been at peace. Even though this is a great thing, it means that theres not as much fighting as there used to be. Its great having a little less death in the world but I gotta admit, I miss the action.

       There's still plenty of crime though. I just came back from rounding up a few bandits in a nearby town. Its pretty late but I bet Darui is still at the office doing paperwork. When I got to the office, he was doing exactly that.

(Y/n): "Its fun being Raikage huh?"

Darui: "Shut up. How'd it go with the bandits?"

(Y/n): "Surrendered as soon as they saw me."

Darui: "You've been making a name for yourself here lately. People are are starting to recognize you."

(Y/n): "Thats literary the opposite of what Im going for. Whats the point of a mask and hood if people recognize me just by looking at me. Doesn't really matter I guess."

Darui: "Whats wrong? Ive noticed you've been looking down lately."

(Y/n): "Its nothing."

Darui: "Your a terrible liar."

(Y/n): "Its just...Im 26 years old and I still feel like I still have no purpose. When I became a ninja I wanted to become a highly skilled Jonin. 14 years ago I did just that at the age of 12. Back then I had something to strive for. But now Im just a normal ninja just like everyone else, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it just feels like something is missing. Like I could be doing something more."

Darui: "Yeah, I kinda felt like that too, but then I chose to succeed lord 4th and carry on the legacy of the Hidden Cloud. I found my path, you just need to find yours."

(Y/n): "If only it were that easy Darui."

Darui: "Thats lord Raikage to you."

(Y/n): "No way. Its either that or Big Bro Darui."

Darui: "Darui it is."

(Y/n): *Smirk* "Thought so."

Darui: "You should head home, it's getting late."

(Y/n): *Yawn* "Way ahead of you buddy."

       As I was about to walk out, I turned to him.

(Y/n): "Hey Darui."

Darui: "Hmm?"

(Y/n): "Thanks for listening."

Darui: *Smiles* "Anytime."

       I then walk home. When I get to my apartment, I immediately change out of my gear and into sleep clothes and get in bed. I need to figure this whole 'purpose' thing out. But for now, I'll let all my thoughts drift away while I enjoy my favorite part of the day, bedtime.

       The next morning I wake up at 7 AM as per usual. I lazily roll out of bed and go to my fridge. Damn it! I forgot to go shopping yesterday. I guess I could stop by the café. I then take a shower and put on my gear along with my mask and hoodie and set out for the day.