Chapter 4 - Natalie

I felt safe in my room, everything else terrified me. Strucker and The Winter Soldier were not found....they could come after me at any time.

For the first time in a week I step out of my room, tiptoeing down to Tony's workshop.

Tony looked a mess, his hair wasn't brushed, he smelled of alcohol and body odor. There was half a piece of pizza on the table.

I push it into the trash and sit on the table, staring in shock as I see a couple armored suits. "What the fuck."

"Hey! Watch your mouth!" Tony turns around and points at me. His eyes widen and he puts his had down. "Sorry-"

I cut him off by laughing, "Just like old times." I smile.
"What the hell are those?" I point.

"My suits, I'm Iron Man."

"I'm supposed to know what that means?" I raise an eyebrow.

He pulls down the top of his shirt revealing a circle blue light in his chest.  "The Arc reactor keeps shrapnel from going to my heart. It powers those....I want to protect others." He nods. "You gonna tell me about you now? You almost killed me."

"They...gave me some sort of powers." I create a ball of purple energy with my hands. I move my hands up and lift a pen off his desk.

"I know your upset with me.....but I want you to know that I'm here."

I jump off his table and place my hand on the side of his head, my power flows to his head, showing him what I went through. As he was seeing my capture, I started to see his.

"Oh god." I step away.

Tony looks at me shocked, "I...will find them...and make them pay." He growls, slamming the glass full of alcohol on the ground.

"Tony...stop. As much as I want them to pay......I want to forget it." I nod.

"I'm gonna change...no more Girls...no more leaving you." He nods. "I promise."

"I know....I'm sorry." I hug him.

"No, I'm-I'm sorry." He starts to cry.

"Stop. Let's not do this again...it's not your fault. It's Hydra's. Okay?" He slightly nods, "Now go take a shower. You smell." I step away and walk towards the door. "Tony?" He looks up, "I love you."

"I love you." He smiles, going to clean the glass.

———————————————————————-

Things were looking better for the next couple of months, I was practicing my power, wanting to use it for good. But Tony doesn't know that I still have nightmares.....but he makes me see a therapist every week.

I was sitting down watching Tony and Happy box, I laugh as the two bicker.

"The notary's here! Can you please come sign the transfer paperwork?" Pepper walks in, she smiles over at me.

"I'm on happy time." I laugh as Tony hits Happy in the face with his elbow. "Sorry."

"What the hell was that?" Happy looked offended.

"It's called mixed martial arts. It's been around for three weeks." Tony says.

"It's called dirty boxing, there's nothing new about it"

"All right, put them up. Come on." The Notary walks in. Both Happy and Tony's attention shifts to her.

I stare in shock, "Holy Shit." I cover my mouth with my hand, "Hi." I say awkwardly as the gorgeous woman smiles at me.