Chapter 29 - End of Ultron

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

After Steve finished his speech, we all spring into action.

I help Wanda, both of us using our powers to get the people moving. We turn back as Bots come crawling out of the ground, "Off the bridge!" I yell.

I flip back and create a rope of my power, latching it onto a Bots neck as it goes for a woman, I throw it back and slam it into the ground.

I slide down in the ground as Steve throws his shield past me. I stumble as I stand, the ground was shaking violently. I look over as we start to lift up.

I look around me as each Bot has Ultron's voice. "Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

I fly up and blast the Bots around me, "Cap, you got incoming." Tony says.

"Incoming already came in. Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve announces.

I roll my eyes and fly over next him, I blast past him and flip in the air, landing back down onto a Bot.

I look over as Steve struggles with a falling call. I push past him and Dive down after it, Thor going after the other car.

"Just look at me!" I yell. I grab her and hold onto her tightly as I fly up, I get her to safety and fly back, tackling a Bot about to attack Steve.

"Thanks." Steve smiles.

"Don't make a big deal about it." I fly off.

I look back to see a Helicarrier rising up, many Lifeboats floating towards the city.

I fly over towards Rhodey and Tony as multiple Bots fly at the boats and carrier. "Just like old times!" I laugh, spinning as I blast the Bots.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony says.

"On it."

"Avengers, time to work for a living." Tony says to us, I fly into the flying city and land into the church.

Nat comes in and smiles at me, "What's the drill?"

Tony points to the core, "This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

We all look out as upfront shows up wish a small amount of Bots, we easily take them out. "Is that the best you can do?" Thor yells.

Ultron summons all of his army of robots to join him.

"You had to ask." Steve sighs.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said. Together." Tony nods.

The Bots come crashing inside, I hover above the ground and blast down at the Bots. Wand and I turn towards each other, both creating a ball of power and pushing them together. Our powers create a huge blast above us.

I smile and flip back in the air, holding my hand out and grabbing Thor's hammer, throwing it around the church, hitting each Bot.

I look out as Thor, Tony, and Vision blast Ultron. "They'll try to leave the city." Thor yells.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!"

"I'm on it."

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve nods.

"I'll fly above, see if I find anyone." I nod.

"What about the core?" Clint points.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda nods. I smile and fly off.

I slowly fly above the city, blasting down at any Bots I see.

After awhile I fly up towards the Helicarrier as the city falls.

It was over

————————————————————

Tony had officially finished the Avengers Compound, but Tony wanted me to stay with him and Pepper. I wasn't complaining, I still didn't feel comfortable around Steve.

I walk over to Nat, seeing her standing alone. "Nat?"

"Oh hi." She smiles, walking over to me.

As she tries to lean up and kiss me, I stop her. "I know that you love him....he loves you."

"If he loved me...he wouldn't of left."

"He left because he loves you...to protect you." I sigh. "It's not fair to you and it's not fair to me if we continue....your thoughts will be on him." Nat looks away, I put my hand on her cheek, softly and turning her face to look at me. "I will always be here...you are not alone Nat." She smiles and pulls me in for a hug.

"Neither are you." She smiles and kisses my cheek, stepping away.

"Be safe."

"Always." She smirks.

I grab my keys and walk to my car, driving over towards Tony as he talks with Steve. Tony gets inside and Steve looks down at me, "Y/N."

"Rogers." I nod, rolling up my window and driving off.