Chapter 12 - Arguments

"Wait...what is Phase 2?" I ask as the files upload.

"What?" Tony walks over.

"They are using the Tesseract to build weapons. " I gasp.

Just then Fury walks inside, "What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony says.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." I nod.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Tony's monitor shows a collection of Secret Shield Files, "What is Phase 2?"

Suddenly, Cap drops a a rifle on the table causing us to turn around, he looked pissed.

"Phase 2 is Shield uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

Fury shakes his head, "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..."

"I'm sorry, Nick." Tony moves the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of The weapons. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Cap says.

At that moment, Thor and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeps her eyes right on Banner. Banner looks at her, Pissed.

"Did you know about this?"

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha asks.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

Natasha takes a cautious step forward. "Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha tilts her head.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why Shield is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Banner points.

"Because of him." Fury points at Thor.

"Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury nods.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled." Fury says.

"Like you controlled the cube?" Cap asks.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war."

Cap looks surprised, "A higher form?"

Fury puts his arms out, "You forced our hand. We had to come up with something."

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony nod.

Fury looked pissed, "Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?"

Cap sighs, "I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep..."

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?" Tony asks.

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Cap says.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this." Thor crosses his arms.

Fury sharply turns, "Excuse me, did WE come to YOUR planet and blow stuff up?"

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust?"

"Are you all really that naive? Shield monitors potential threats." Natasha nods.

"Captain America is on the threat potential watch list?" Banner asks.

"You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?" Tony asks.

"I swear to God, Stark, one more crack..."

"Threatening! I feel threatened!" Tony backs away.

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos." Thor says.

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb." Banner nods.

"You need to step away."

Tony puts his arm around Cap, "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?"

"You know damn well why! Back off!" Cap yells.

"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me." Tony says, I roll my eyes.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony nods.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire." Tony says, I slowly walk towards the two.

Cap smiles, "Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!" Tony gets in Cap's face.

"Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds." Cap smiles.

Thor laughs, "You people are so petty... and tiny."

Tony rubs his head. Moves away from Cap. "Yeah, this is a team..." Banner sighs.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr.Banner back to his..."

"Where? You rented my room." Banner looks up.

"The cell was just in case..."

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried! I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" Banner gets upset. "You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

Natasha and Fury put their hands on their guns. "Doctor Banner... put down the scepter." Cap says.

Banner looks shocked, I turn as the computer beeps. "Got it."

Banner puts down the scepter and walks over to the computer. "Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all."

"Located the Tesseract?" Thor asks.

"I can get there faster." Tony nods.

"Look, all of us..."

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it."

Tony turns to leave but Cap stops him and pushes him back. "You're not going alone!"

"You gonna stop me?"

"Put on the suit, let's find out." Cap nods. I fly over to the two and grab Caps hand, twisting it back and pushing him away.

"Don't you dare touch him like that." I point.

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man." Tony says behind me.

"Put on the suit." Cap steps up.

I grab his arm and pull it behind his back. "Try it...I dare you." I hiss in his ear.

"Oh, my God!" Banner looks up.

Suddenly there's and explosion, causing all of use to be thrown back.